Wrapping Christmas Presents

samhexum
This topic is 2361 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to spend hours elaborately wrapping gifts. I found that it only made other gift givers feel inferior about their wrapping skills. Plus it took hours and people would rip open the gifts in seconds often without any comment about the wrapping. I eventually toned it all down.

You have to remember who you're doing it for. I have a friend who loves presenting others with beautifully wrapped gifts-to the extent that he has a room in his house devoted to gift wrapping and the supplies therefor.

I once bought a guest gift for a Japanese Hostess. This one was simple compared to what the little old lady did for me after the 10 minute interview about both parties.

I used to do origami (and macrame) in my 20’s and can fully appreciate the beauty of the end result plus the time that these types of folds require. Japanese have a special way of doing things.

You have to remember who you're doing it for. I have a friend who loves presenting others with beautifully wrapped gifts-to the extent that he has a room in his house devoted to gift wrapping and the supplies therefor.

On the original (not the reboot) Will and Grace, didn't Will and Jack turn Grace's room into a wrapping workroom when she moved out at one point?

On the original (not the reboot) Will and Grace, didn't Will and Jack turn Grace's room into a wrapping workroom when she moved out at one point?

I think I remember something like that. This friend of mine actually has one. He may even have got the idea from the TV show. He was a junior high school art teacher, after which he was a merchandising executive with a high-end department store. Now he is retired and paints and is actually achieving some recognition in the region.