411 Tattoednhandsome (LA)

VeryHappyCustomer
This topic is 2342 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

To PapaTony

Sure you can PM anytime that is convenient for you and I can answer any questions you might have. And in response to your comment about "failing to mention" something about the pictures, what exactly is your point?

The first person asked if anyone had the pleasure? I answered his question. And yes i do know him and have had the pleasure and commented generally. I also didn't want to run a foul of "making reviews in this section" and am not always sure what is permissable or not.

And yes he does not want to broadcast his pictures all over for privacy purposes but will supply some upon request.

He's fairly new to this and a very selective provider and chooses to "run his business" that way for better or for worse in terms of his "marketing approach".

But based on past experience, i am very aware that some members of the Forum "assume" that if the provider doesn't show "real" face pic's in the general Ad, but chooses to honestly try and make "an accurate" depiction of themselves without specifically broadcasting their real pictures and uses some that "approximate" his height weight, build, attrativeness etc.. that they are therefore categorically, "fake" and not to be trusted in every other aspect and not a "true provider", which i know from more than one example and from first hand experience is not always the case. But I do understand the hesitation and the reservation and that a plurality might be "true fakes" or "scammers" or dishonest.

So i decided to say that "i know him" and commented about him in general and gambled that if others wanted to know more specifics that they would ask. (Which you did but i just happen to look at this now). And again if you would like to know more, feel free to PM.

Edited by GTMike

Mister Mike i edited my response to PapaTony. Hopefully that helps clarify a bit. Feel free to PM as well if you'd like. Hope you're well

But there's still 2 problems this doesn't address:

1. It's a bait and switch. Show one thing while actually providing another. That's sketchy.

2. Does the actual person in the ad know their photo is being used in this way? Did he give permission? The tattoos are specific so it's almost the equivalent of posting the person's identification. What if someone who knows the person in the photos were to see the ad? Why is it OK to violate this dude's privacy to sell another dude's handjob business?

So he may be "funny and cool" but what he's doing isn't.

I received a reply to my message on RM which included a series of photos, not the same as that in the ad. He stated he uses a different profile pic for “reasons os discretion”

The photos he sent were quite nice but how does one know what to trust at this point?

That's nearly the photographic equivalent of an "ask me", isn't it?

@MisterMike, very good principled points and i can agree conceptually and in practice to much of what you're saying. (Though most people have expressed that their primary concern when a picture is not the true person "showing up", is to determine whether the person is a "true provider" or not? Will they rip you off or not? Are they anywhere near what is represented physically or not? (Again this is assuming that it is established that they are not the actual person's pic's and wanting to know if someone has actually met the person). If you ask he will gladly send real pic's privately. He has a steady job in a retail environment, does this on the side and would prefer to limit his recognition as best as possible for his private social life, potential l_w enforcement and/or "potentially" being fired at work.

Regarding the pic's of someone else and their privacy concern i concede a very good point. I failed to immediately respect that aspect of it as much, as i work in the entertainment and modelling industry and its not uncommon for us to see or elaborate "spray on art tattos" for ad campaign mock-ups, film and television roles, generic commercial and print modelling shoots etc.. In addition tatto's are commonly altered, removed through spray on and make up etc.. I completely recognize that would be a very small percentage of the millions and millions of images that someone can grab off the internet so i am only pointing out that in my bubble a "tat" as elaborate as it appears wouldn't necessarily be so indentifying. But i see and concede your point.

I also appreciate your bravery and applaud your openness of using a picture of yourself in your underwear holding your crotch, as a public profile pic. I wouldn't literally or figuartively have the balls to do that!.

I wonder if the person in the stolen photo would also "prefer to limit his recognition as best as possible for his private social life, potential l_w enforcement and/or "potentially" being fired at work." Especially since the person in the photo is, in fact, not the person who placed the ad.

This point alone makes all the other points moot to me. If this "provider" is so lacking in respect for others then why should I believe he wouldn't do something shady to me? This speaks to your question of "ripping off" a client.

Also- I read it three times and still have no idea what you're trying to say about spray on tattoos or whatever.

Lastly, each time you double-down on how good a person this guy is it starts to make me wonder what your real connection is to him. If you're such a fan you should probably let him know what he is doing is not only wrong, it is technically a source of potential legal trouble from both the subject of the photo and the photographer, and he should reconsider the strategy.

To PapaTony

Sure you can PM anytime that is convenient for you and I can answer any questions you might have. And in response to your comment about "failing to mention" something about the pictures, what exactly is your point?

The first person asked if anyone had the pleasure? I answered his question. And yes i do know him and have had the pleasure and commented generally. I also didn't want to run a foul of "making reviews in this section" and am not always sure what is permissable or not.

And yes he does not want to broadcast his pictures all over for privacy purposes but will supply some upon request.

He's fairly new to this and a very selective provider and chooses to "run his business" that way for better or for worse in terms of his "marketing approach".

But based on past experience, i am very aware that some members of the Forum "assume" that if the provider doesn't show "real" face pic's in the general Ad, but chooses to honestly try and make "an accurate" depiction of themselves without specifically broadcasting their real pictures and uses some that "approximate" his height weight, build, attrativeness etc.. that they are therefore categorically, "fake" and not to be trusted in every other aspect and not a "true provider", which i know from more than one example and from first hand experience is not always the case. But I do understand the hesitation and the reservation and that a plurality might be "true fakes" or "scammers" or dishonest.

So i decided to say that "i know him" and commented about him in general and gambled that if others wanted to know more specifics that they would ask. (Which you did but i just happen to look at this now). And again if you would like to know more, feel free to PM.

Air quotes don't work so well in text form.

165pta.jpg

But there's still 2 problems this doesn't address:

1. It's a bait and switch. Show one thing while actually providing another. That's sketchy.

2. Does the actual person in the ad know their photo is being used in this way? Did he give permission? The tattoos are specific so it's almost the equivalent of posting the person's identification. What if someone who knows the person in the photos were to see the ad? Why is it OK to violate this dude's privacy to sell another dude's handjob business?

So he may be "funny and cool" but what he's doing isn't.

It's becoming more common for people to post pics that are not them, and to even say that the pic is not them, but is a reasonable representation of their actual appearance, or it is an indication of the type that they are looking for. I think it is hugely misleading and would never respond to such an ad.

Edited by Rudynate