Donatello's David (Statue)

Avalon
This topic is 2366 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The article goes into several questions about the differences in interpretation between the statues. However, while he posits that the statues were sculpted with various things in mind (scriptural verses, placement of clothes based on psychological outlooks, etc.), none of that may have been in the mind of the sculptors at the time the statues were made. It is all very interesting however it may be they just wanted to show a hot guy (young or more mature) in the story it is based on. It could also be based on the materials the sculptors were given and where the statues were going to be placed. Psychological interpretation of the sculptural art, as in interpretation of literature (not based on first hand explanations) is interesting but really can get convoluted. For me, I would much rather fuck Bernini's David. I suppose there are a lot that would be ass up to Michelangelo's. And please get help if Donatello's is your delight.

The article goes into several questions about the differences in interpretation between the statues. However, while he posits that the statues were sculpted with various things in mind (scriptural verses, placement of clothes based on psychological outlooks, etc.), none of that may have been in the mind of the sculptors at the time the statues were made. It is all very interesting however it may be they just wanted to show a hot guy (young or more mature) in the story it is based on. It could also be based on the materials the sculptors were given and where the statues were going to be placed. Psychological interpretation of the sculptural art, as in interpretation of literature (not based on first hand explanations) is interesting but really can get convoluted. For me, I would much rather fuck Bernini's David. I suppose there are a lot that would be ass up to Michelangelo's. And please get help if Donatello's is your delight.

I liked your comments. That strained determined look on the face of Bernini's David takes your breath away. He is more manly than Michalangelos David. But I have to say I am more attracted to the more relaxed Michelangelo David. I agree with Donatello statue - it's hideous

For me, I would much rather fuck Bernini's David. I suppose there are a lot that would be ass up to Michelangelo's. And please get help if Donatello's is your delight.

I'm with you....I wanna fuck Bernini's David.....HARD....over and over. Always have.

I'd have fun with Michelangelo's too but I have the feeling I'd get bored after the first 2 or 3 times.

And Donatello's?....never...not even close.

I also thought the article was REALLY strained and boring. All 3 are amazing works of art.

Other than sharing the same topic though....there isn't much more they have in common.