A Prairie Home Companion Name Change??

OneFinger
This topic is 2334 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Garrison Keillor was accused of sexual issues and fired by Minnesota Public Radio. Today, the San Diego PBS had renamed the program to The Chris Thile Show. Is this going to be the new name?? Reuters claims the new name is Town Hall. USA Today killed a previous post of a name change and said it hasn't been decided.

Was the name changed this weekend in your area?

• 4 weeks later...
I believe Mr. Keillor may own the rights to the "A Prairie Home Companion" name. The show has been poor since Keillor left anyway.

I've always been on the edge about A Prairie Home Companion. I found some of the sketches very funny, and some of the guest stars over the years have done unusual and unexpected things that made the show really delightful but I always found Keilor to be a big bore. I much prefer reading his stuff to listening to him. Chris Thile is a charming, talented, sincere guy but the show has become rather sophomoric in his hands. I used to turn the radio on in the kitchen on Sunday afternoons while cooking for the week and listen to the show while working away but now, I tune to the classical channel for the live broadcasts of concerts and operas instead. I saw Thile singing Christmas songs on a Sunday morning show last week and he was wonderful but as the new host of Prairie - meh.