Gay Cheerleader of the Week Award

Doug69
This topic is 6784 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

RE: Conway the Make-Believe Trial Lawyer

>What are "IT" people? They're file clerks.

Oh, I pray your message gets copied to all the support people working in your enterprise. Your next paycheck might be just a little delayed. LOL

>If expensive IT solutions are the key to winning cases, why

>did Microsoft lose its antitrust trial?

It was a settlement wasn't it? With a rather paltry (in Microsoft terms) payout. (I'll admit I stopped following it when there was a clear indication that it didn't mean diddly.)

>They have all the money in the world.

Only a SLIGHT exaggeration (lie) there. But yes, they have very deep pockets. They have all that money because they don't piss it away needlessly. Why should they go balls-out on a legal defense when they knew at the beginning they could pay out a "cheap" settlement?

>I'm not going anywhere.

That's a given.

But I am. Unlike you, I have a life. I should be back around here next week. DO hold your breath waiting for my return, please! }(

And do make sure you get that parking ticket validated.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Oh, I pray your message gets copied to all the support people

>working in your enterprise. Your next paycheck might be just a

>little delayed. LOL

You pray? I didn't know prostitutes had a god. :)

>>If expensive IT solutions are the key to winning cases, why

>>did Microsoft lose its antitrust trial?

>It was a settlement wasn't it?

No. After a bench trial Judge Jackson delivered a verdict squarely against Microsoft on most major issues.

>With a rather paltry (in

>Microsoft terms) payout. (I'll admit I stopped following it

>when there was a clear indication that it didn't mean

>diddly.)

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about.

>Only a SLIGHT exaggeration (lie) there. But yes, they have

>very deep pockets. They have all that money because they don't

>piss it away needlessly.

I hate to overuse the same expression, but it could not be clearer that you do not know what you are talking about. After all the billions Microsoft has pissed away on failed ventures like WebTV, suggesting they're a frugal company is like . . . suggesting you are a decent human being.

>Why should they go balls-out on a

>legal defense when they knew at the beginning they could pay

>out a "cheap" settlement?

Because they knew no such thing at the beginning. And who said they didn't spend a fortune on their defense? S & C is probably the most expensive firm on Wall Street.

>>I'm not going anywhere.

>

>That's a given.

I don't run away when confronted.

>But I am. Unlike you, I have a life.

My goodness, how original. I don't recall seeing anyone here use that particular juvenile insult more than eight or nine thousand times in the past couple of years. It's scintillating repartee like yours that keeps me coming back to this board again and again. LOL! :)

RE: Pizzaaaaaa

I *LOVE* finding those little hole in the wall joints that end up being fabulous!

There was a place across from me in VA many years ago that I never went into because it looked like ... well ... a hole in the wall. During a (rare) blizzard, I walked over because it was about all I could get to.

It turned out to be GREAT! Not the least of which were three young hunks running the place. (They always got great tips. ;-)) I later found out they were brothers and the parents actually ran the restaurant.

They also made a great lasagna. Mama hand-formed them and put them in the fridge. If she was around when someone ordered one, she would literally beat her kids with a wooden spoon if they tried to mess with it! She'd personally pop it in the oven and stand watch over it.

Great little place! Great memories! (And a couple of VERY memorable pizza deliveries with the youngest son! He pushed the edge of the envelope on "curious".)

... Well, I just knew this was going to be one of those threads that would lose my attention long before I even got anywhere near finished reading all the posts. In truth, I think I got to #17 or so, when I realized that I simply do not really give damn as to what all the veiled references might be about.

Threatened lawsuits, internet outings... the "In Crowd" is at it again!

However, it all makes me very happy. Even though I have no idea what's really going on here, this thread is a throwback to the board I know and- well, if not loved, at least had a heavy flirtation with. One can't really love a thread like this, one can only have a drunken one-night stand with it, and wake up the following afternoon with a headache and a lot of questions and regrets.

I hope Doug69's general enmity toward All Living Things will bless him with the energy to actually post a Gay Cheerleader of the Week award each week. I loved the photo, love the concept. I'll be watching, sweet Douglas... I hope you won't promise me the world, and leave me sitting at the table with the check!

La Trix

Guest zipperzone

c)that you're such

>amiserable person that you probably couldn't get a dog to rim

>you without shoving a porkchop up your ass.

Love it, love it, love it - great line. Can hardly wsit to use it.

Archived