"The Orville" Renewed For A Second Season

Avalon
This topic is 1859 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

In the recent episode in passing the Caitians were mentioned. I don't know if this is the same feline race as in the Star Trek universe.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Caitian

Imo "The Orville" is much better that the CBS Star Trek!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The character Alara has left the show. She reminded me of Tasha Yar.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-orville/278618/the-orville-halston-sage-alara-departure

In the episode where Alara left the actors who played the doctors on "Voyager" and "Enterprise" were guest stars.

Edited by Avalon

In the recent episode they made first contact with a planet who believe that people who are born under a certain zodiac sign are prone to violence and are imprisoned.

I would think that the solution would be quite simple. Since the gestation period is known just do not have sex during the time that birth would later occur during that sign.

In the recent episode they made first contact with a planet who believe that people who are born under a certain zodiac sign are prone to violence and are imprisoned.

I would think that the solution would be quite simple. Since the gestation period is known just do not have sex during the time that birth would later occur during that sign.

...but they resolved the issue by enforcing c-sections for all deliveries expected during that sign.

The Orville is in the realm of early, simple The Next Generation writing -- with so many episodes where they encounter a race with a peculiar and topical aspect to their culture (and a little bit of face makeup to define them as aliens), and where the entire planet and race are represented by the capital/ruling city. Let's hope that someday they get to the nuanced story arcs of Deep Space Nine. There are some Star Trek show-runners on the production staff of of The Orville.

• 2 months later...
The Orville is in the realm of early, simple The Next Generation writing -- with so many episodes where they encounter a race with a peculiar and topical aspect to their culture (and a little bit of face makeup to define them as aliens), and where the entire planet and race are represented by the capital/ruling city. Let's hope that someday they get to the nuanced story arcs of Deep Space Nine.

I presumed an early demise for this one.

it's getting better. I keep reminding myself how bad the first season of Next Generation was.

I enjoy the show, but their allegories about today's political climate are delivered with the subtlety of a sledgehammer.