CM Punk’s Grammar Slam

ArVaGuy
This topic is 2164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The only thing that I wish to convey on this subject is that the English language is progressively "going down the tubes!" Far too many "so called" degreed and educated individuals misuse the very basic of

English grammar in speech as well as in writing. ...ending sentences with prepositions, misusing the very basic words as shown in this thread, misspelling the simplest of words, i.e. "alright" instead of

all right, the latter is the correct spelling. ...using "more farther" and the like instead of "fartherer" fartherest ...! Yikes!

I could go on and on and on but will stop writing and just post.

Thank you, ArVAguy for your posting!

The only thing that I wish to convey on this subject is that the English language is progressively "going down the tubes!" Far too many "so called" degreed and educated individuals misuse the very basic of

English grammar in speech as well as in writing. ...ending sentences with prepositions, misusing the very basic words as shown in this thread, misspelling the simplest of words, i.e. "alright" instead of

all right, the latter is the correct spelling. ...using "more farther" and the like instead of "fartherer" fartherest ...! Yikes!

I could go on and on and on but will stop writing and just post.

Thank you, ArVAguy for your posting!

Thou art right! the language shalt nev'r changeth!

ending sentences with prepositions

You're playing with fire there, and would be with that other perennial, split infinitives. Shakespeare did both, so it's not a recent 'decline'. And just for stamps they are invented rules. They are not part of English grammar. They are constructions that are not possible in Latin, so grammatical prescriptivists decided that they should not be allowed in English. They are affectations up with which we should not have to put. Even though CM Punk used alright, I think he's all right. And as others have said, after he's finished critiquing my grammar I'm sure there are other things we could move on to. I mean to which we could move on. (On being an adverb in this case.)

Edited by mike carey

• 7 months later...
I hate you, I just spent half an hour watching his vids.

he is cute full stop!

So, this is what the hobo does now after his failed career in UFC?

He may diagram my sentence, conjugate my verb, and dangle his participle in the vicinity of my orifices any day of the week.

He is hot despite the tattoos.

woof

Phil “CM Punk” Brooks got absolutely destroyed Saturday night in Chicago at UFC 225. The loss takes the former WWE superstar’s UFC record to 0-2, and after the fight UFC president Dana White said the 39-year-old wouldn’t be getting another shot in the UFC.

However, White wasn’t particularly mad at Punk over the loss. Instead, White made it abundantly clear he was pissed at Punk’s opponent, Mike Jackson.

“Michael Jackson I’m not happy with,” White

. “This guy was acting like a goofball tonight. You get this opportunity to fight CM Punk, and you’re doing, like, bolo punches to the body on top. Never looked like he was trying to finish the fight ever. Looked like he could have finished the fight a few times. Never tried.

“I don’t know what that guy did for a living before we gave him the shot, but whatever it was, he needs to go back and do that again. He’s 0-2 as far as I’m concerned.”

Pressed to flesh out his feelings, White didn’t hold back.

“I got the sense that he’s a complete f—–g idiot, and I couldn’t wait for that fight to end, and I regretted not putting that fight on Fight Pass. That’s how I felt about that fight.”

A miffed Jackson took to Twitter after White’s rant to defend himself.

'I’m legit confused here. I’m trying to figure out how I was “cocky” & “taunting”?! I’m sorry, I didn’t knock out Phil, dude is hella tough. And I didn’t want to get caught with some dumb shit.'

“The crazy thing, I was never showboating and/or taunting in the fight. Dana White says some silly s–t and the internet hits the sprints with it. AH WELL! #UFC225,” Jacksonwrote in another post.

The issue between Jackson and White seems to be a series of strikes that Jackson landed while he was in top position above Punk. Jackson seemed to be no-look hitting Punk although Jackson said he was actually looking to his corner for instructions.

“MAN!!!! I just figured out what the hell Dana meant by ‘bolo punches to the body’. I can’t believe I’ll have to explain this to a fight promoter,” Jackson wrote in another Twitter post.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know punching someone in the face while looking at my corner was showboating; excuse me,” Jackson continued.

While Jackson’s future UFC prospects look bleak, White also made it clear that Punk wouldn’t be showing up in the Octagon again either.

“No, it should be a wrap,” White said. “The guy’s 39 years old. We gave him two shots, and he had a lot of heart tonight, and I think he should call it a wrap.”