Guess the city game

Tarte Gogo

let's see how many seconds it takes for the correct answer for this....must also name the specific location, in addition to the city!

borrowed from @marylander1940 's post in the dog/dick magnet thread.....

http://78.media.tumblr.com/73d43e4398026dfafcc2d0b77f5d40d4/tumblr_p3vjb547jB1rao4hjo1_1280.jpg

let's see how many seconds it takes for the correct answer for this....must also name the specific location, in addition to the city!

borrowed from @marylander1940 's post in the dog/dick magnet thread.....

http://78.media.tumblr.com/73d43e4398026dfafcc2d0b77f5d40d4/tumblr_p3vjb547jB1rao4hjo1_1280.jpg

Griffith Park in Los Angeles? And I didn't cheat this time...

I thought about Big Bear, which is a lot like San Jacinto, but it is really a small town (even if they do call it Big Bear CITY), and it is a lot closer than 80 miles as the crow flies--more like 40 miles, though you may put 80 miles on the car with all the twists and turns on the circuitous route you have to take to get up there (all the way west to Yucaipa on the 10, then back northeast up the mountain on the 38) .

I thought about Big Bear, which is a lot like San Jacinto, but it is really a small town (even if they do call it Big Bear CITY), and it is a lot closer than 80 miles as the crow flies--more like 40 miles, though you may put 80 miles on the car with all the twists and turns on the circuitous route you have to take to get up there (all the way west to Yucaipa on the 10, then back northeast up the mountain on the 38) .

I just found out, Big Bear Lake, where this trail is located, is an incorporated city, while Big Bear City is unincorporated. Who knew?;)

Big Bear Lake is an incorporated city, but it has only about 5000 residents, while Big Bear City has more than twice as many residents (I have a cousin who lives there), but it is the same size as the "village"--its official legal status-- that I grew up in. To me, a "city" should be a place with at least 50K people in its urban area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...