Springsteen on Broadway

glutes
This topic is 2417 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If any member goes to this limited play, please let me know!

I have not seen the show and have no plans to get tickets if there's an extension. Bruce Springsteen has done earlier versions of what he will apparently be doing on Broadway. It's a brilliant mix of stories and songs. I works just as well in arenas as much smaller venues.

He did two nights in Philadelphia in 2005 in an arena. I saw both nights and have bootlegs somewhere also. He's a good man with a great story. It is very special to just have Bruce and not the band. But, it also not easy, so he was wise to perform just five times a week.

I have seen Springsteen many, many time starting with an outdoor concert in Massachusetts and a few days later a college gym. I wish I could say I want to give someone else a chance. And that is true a little.

I have a one-time woman friend who has seen Springsteen very often and is seeing him multiple times on Broadway.

Bruce Springsteen is as good as Judy Garland on one of her best nights.

He's that good, as was Garland.

Springsteen on Broadway set list, posted on another site:

"It's not exactly a "greatest hits" set. In fact I would bet that apart from diehard fans, most of the songs in his set are relatively unknown

Growing Up

My Hometown

My Father's House

The Wish

Thunder Road

The Promised Land

Born in the U.S.A.

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

Tougher than the Rest

Brilliant Disguise

The Ghost of Tom Joad

Long Walk Home

Dancing in the Dark

Land of Hope and Dreams"

Makes sense. I agree that every song is very well known to Springsteen fans, but perhaps not by the general public. I did find the bootleg from a sole concert in Philadelphia from 2005, which I saw. I assume the set list might be almost the same.

, @Avelon, I am few years older than Bruce Springsteen, and listened to his music long before he became a big star with the Born to Run album.

In his early songs, Springsteen often wrote with blue-color New Jersey sensibility, so he did not have many gay fans. He certainly did not look like the photos you posted.

, @Avelon, I am few years older than Bruce Springsteen, and listened to his music long before he became a big star with the Born to Run album.

In his early songs, Springsteen often wrote with blue-color New Jersey sensibility, so he did not have many gay fans. He certainly did not look like the photos you posted.

It was nothing personal then. Just the environment he grew up in.

I wish he had included Philadelphia in the set. I find that song moving every time I hear it. Brilliant Disguise and My Home Town would be my two favorites on the list included above. No doubt he will change the songs as the show progresses.

Springsteen never completely moved beyond picking up girls at the Jersey shore. But, many of songs speak to polical and social issues. I can never remember saying Bruce was antigay.

His live performaces are why e he is so loved and admired, not necessarily the words to his songs.

Archived