Burke Williams Recommendations

This topic is 1520 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Sherman oaks location, it’s the one I live nearest. But I’ve never found it to be cruisy. Anyone else have a different experience?

Sherman Oaks has been the absolute cruisiest for me, besides Pasadena. I’ve even been cruised by a few workers. There’s one guy though to be on the lookout for. He is feminine, has long hair and wears it in a bun. Filipino I think. He is always trying to bust people.

Opposite for me.

Sherman Oaks is always dead. At least weekend mornings. In maybe a half dozen visits there I've seen no action and sometimes no guys at all. It's really not conducive to play as the attendants have a little station by the steamroom.

If you're not getting action at Santa Monica you're going at the wrong times. Two thirds of the visits I make end up with some action.

Sure the fitter guys play with each other, but the bigger guys -- including a few from this board -- don't play with the fitter guys. So it can be weird.

What is the La Brea location like as far as crowd and action?

La Brea/Hollywood is my home location (temporarily at Santa Monica this quarter).

Layout is not conducive to play -- steamroom has all glass walls and is right in the middle of the space, next to the hot tub. Everyone has to walk past to shower, so no privacy.

There's a dry sauna -- larger than Santa Monica -- around the corner that provides some privacy. Attendants drop in often. Crowd is usually pretty good -- it's close to Weho. But SM always has 1-2 stunning guys there.

Opposite for me.

Sure the fitter guys play with each other, but the bigger guys -- including a few from this board -- don't play with the fitter guys. So it can be weird.

Isn't it more like the fit guys won't play with the bigger guys? I've seen the muscle guys storm out in a huff if someone 10 lbs overweight comes into the room.

Sam

Isn't it more like the fit guys won't play with the bigger guys? I've seen the muscle guys storm out in a huff if someone 10 lbs overweight comes into the room.

Sam

EXACTLY.

I'm a bigger dude, not a musclebear or anything, but not a chub. There seem to be a lot of guys at Santa Monica who are just looking for a thin, hairless clone. On the other hand there are more than a few creepers who are a little overeager to get to know you. That's a bad look on anyone frankly. Also, if you were already kicking around the steamroom at 3PM and you're still there after my massage and it's like 7PM, don't try to talk to me about killing time to avoid the 405. Gurrrrrl.

Sherman Oaks has been the absolute cruisiest for me, besides Pasadena. I’ve even been cruised by a few workers. There’s one guy though to be on the lookout for. He is feminine, has long hair and wears it in a bun. Filipino I think. He is always trying to bust people.

Let's keep Pasadena a secret!!

Sizeist?

Try being a brown guy walking into a predominantly white establishment.

I'm glad I'm only at the SM location til the end of this month because some of the attitudes there stink.

Even at the Hollywood location which is closer to Weho there are less divas.

I miss the days when you could adjust the light in the steam room.

For a brief period they had very few/no male attendants or managers, so there was very little oversight of what was going on. On one hand it was very nice, but it also got very messy. Take that as you want. =)

I also liked it better when they had the showers with glass doors versus the crappy ill-fitting sheeting they have now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...