GREAT Results At Today’s Appointment W/ My Doctor!!

HornyRetiree
This topic is 2430 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In other posts dealing w/ weight loss I mentioned my success with Whole30 and how I have just stayed on it beyond the 30 days.

33.4 pounds lost since the end of June.

First visit with my Dr. Today since before I started Whole30 and it was GOOD!

The short version — I left behind an amazed medical staff!!

The more detailed version — my blood pressure is in the range they want and the average has been there for two months.

My A1C was 6.1 — lowest in well over a decade and normal if I didn’t have the glucose history I have had — has ranged from 8-12 for years — down from 7.6 ninety days ago — pre Whole30 changes and weight loss!!

Understand that this is still w/ meds — even though compared to most of the world they are relatively low doses.

We are going to go another 90 days w/o adjusting meds and see where things are — that decided, they want me to start testing my blood sugar first thing each morning (fasting) as there is concern?? Awareness??? :):):) that it could go too low - this will also assist in determining if we cut back any meds next visit.

One comment was made about a diet that worked so well that was not recommended by a Dr — I reminded them that it was a Friend’s Dr. in Virginia who was responsible for me knowing about Whole30.

While I had no intention of returning to the old way, today certainly validates my decision to keep eating the Whole30 way !!

https://whole30.com/downloads/official-whole30-program-rules.pdf

I'm glad to hear that the eating plan you're using has been effective both in reducing your weight and improving health markers. That's great to hear, and I hope you continue to reap the benefits while making sure you're eating enough food to fuel your body for the things it needs to do. I had a friend who also did Whole30 and he really enjoyed how it made him feel along with the health benefits.

NOPE — a very personal post regarding my working on my health successfully AND A TOPIC that comes up all the time throughout the forum as guys deal with excess weight and health issues.

Thanks. Enthusiastic posts like these make me nervous because not everything works for everybody and I have a knee-jerk allergic reaction to them. I'm glad it's working so well for you.

Thanks. Enthusiastic posts like these make me nervous because not everything works for everybody and I have a knee-jerk allergic reaction to them. I'm glad it's working so well for you.

Understanding your personal issues is the first step!!! Now you can work on them:):):):) Some people on this forum are too quick to jump and criticize .....

Archived