The Good Place

LoveNDino
This topic is 1850 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
I love the show, and while Manny Jacinto is indeed fine, I watch mostly for Kristen Bell, whom I've admired since she starred in Veronica Mars, and the actor who plays Chidi.

I find the premise refreshing rather than absurd, which is a weird accusation given the absurdity of most sitcoms.

I am as much of a Kristen Bell stan as any other Mars-hmallow out there, and I love this ensemble cast....but there is no one more fun on this show than Tahani. She is the best!

I am as much of a Kristen Bell stan as any other Mars-hmallow out there, and I love this ensemble cast....but there is no one more fun on this show than Tahani. She is the best!

She is great, but the archetype she is channeling is annoying, whereas I relate more to Chidi. However, I'm less indecisive than he is.

A. It's an old lawyer's trick, as it means something different from the non-double negative.

B. I am sometimes indecisive! Just not like Chidi.

I am not as indecisive as Chidi. Is different I guess than I am more decisive than Chidi. But do they both mean I am not as indecisive than Chidi.

Edited by purplekow

The Jason Mendoza character is the only one that seems out of place -- just far less original and not at all innovative. The impossibly dumb character (Tony Banta, Woody Boyd, Rose Nylund, Kelly Bundy, Ted Baxter, Joey Tribbiani) has been milked for all it's worth. Any time Jason tells a story about his past I'm expecting, "Back in St. Olaf..."

The Jason Mendoza character is the only one that seems out of place -- just far less original and not at all innovative. The impossibly dumb character (Tony Banta, Woody Boyd, Rose Nylund, Kelly Bundy, Ted Baxter, Joey Tribbiani) has been milked for all it's worth. Any time Jason tells a story about his past I'm expecting, "Back in St. Olaf..."

I agree, but for me, every time he relates one of his tales he becomes more yummy adorable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...