Jonathan Groff

LoveNDino
This topic is 2392 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those not aware, Groff was the lead in a movie called C.O.G. around 4 years ago. Was a quirky, funny, poignant, uncomfortable kind of story that a lot of critics didn't get, especially the straight, male variety. But there were some good reviews. I gave it a good rating and purchased a copy.

For those not aware, Groff was the lead in a movie called C.O.G. around 4 years ago. Was a quirky, funny, poignant, uncomfortable kind of story that a lot of critics didn't get, especially the straight, male variety. But there were some good reviews. I gave it a good rating and purchased a copy.

I never heard of this movie before, @OCClient. Thanks for the heads up. I've always liked David Sedaris (and his sister Amy!) & I just found C.O.G. is available on Hulu so I plan to watch it soon!

TruHart1 :cool:

Your welcome TruHart1.

Denis O'Hare and Corey Stoll are in it. Good cast.

Yes, I noticed O'Hare, Stoll and Casey Wilson (a fine comedic actress IMO) in the trailer. I see on IMDb that both Dean Stockwell and Troian Bellisario are also in the cast. I look forward to enjoying it.

Yes, I noticed O'Hare, Stoll and Casey Wilson (a fine comedic actress IMO) in the trailer. I see on IMDb that both Dean Stockwell and Troian Bellisario are also in the cast. I look forward to enjoying it.

It looks hysterical with just that cutting edge that Sedaris puts in his things.

This thread just does not work for me.

His off-Broadway work is missing. Jon co-starred in "Hair" a few years ago outdoors in Central Park. I seem to know about his stage work in both London and LA.

I an surprised because LoveNDino is one the smartest and most talented person to join this forum in a while.

This thread just does not work for me.

His off-Broadway work is missing. Jon co-starred in "Hair" a few years ago outdoors in Central Park. I seem to know about his stage work in both London and LA.

I an surprised because LoveNDino is one the smartest and most talented person to join this forum in a while.

What stage work has he done in LA?

What stage work has he done in LA?

• (October 20, 2005 - December 11, 2005) In My Life, playing J.T. understudy, Nick understudy, swing, and dance captain at Music Box Theatre, New York, New York, USA

• (November 16, 2006 - May 18, 2008) Spring Awakening, playing Melchior at Eugene O'Neill Theatre, New York, New York, USA 2007 Tony Award® nomination, Best Actor in a Musical 2007 Theatre World Award winner 2007 Drama Desk Award nomination, Outstanding Actor in a Musical

• Tours/regional: The Sound of Music (Rolf), Fame (Nick Piazza), Bat Boy (Bat Boy), Honk! (Ugly).

• (2008) Stage play - Prayer for My Enemy - playing Billy, at Playwrights Horizons, NYC, USA.

• (2009) Stage play - The Bacchae - playing Dionysus, at the Delacorte Theatre, NYC, USA.

• (2008) Audiobook - Broadway Nights by _Seth Rudetsky_ - reader.

• (2007) Stage musical - Hair - playing Claude, at the Delacorte Theatre, NYC, USA. He also appeared in the Broadway transfer of the show.

• (2012) Stage play - Red - playing Ken, at the Mark Taper Forum, LA, USA.

• (2010) Stage play - Deathtrap - playing Clifford, at the Noel Coward Theatre, London, UK.

• (April 2009) Stage musical - The Singing Forest - playing Gray/Walter, at the Public Theater, New York City, USA.

• (2005) Stage musical - Fame - playing Nick Piazza, at the North Shore Music Theatre, Beverly, USA.

• (2011) Stage play - The Submission - playing Danny, at the MCC Theatre, NYC, USA.

• (2013) Stage musical - The Pirates of Penzance - playing Frederick, at the Delacorte Theatre, NYC, USA.

I remember Groff in an off-Broadway show called "An Intelligent Guide For Homosexuals," or a variation of that title. Most of his off-Broadway work was after "Spring Awakening," so I knew who Jonathan Groff was at that point. One possibility: the name of the play may have changed.

LoveNDino is a great person; we have exchanged PMs. I went public because I believed he may be doing too much all at once. He is an impressive person who adds a huge amount to this forum and this site.

@OCClient I saw the Ahmanson Theatre production- I had season tickets back then. I liked it but I have never seen Jonathan Groff live and it would have been great to see him on Spring Awakening :)

He was quite the heartthrob back then as Melchior. I agree LoveNDino, would have been something to see Groff in that role. :)

He was quite the heartthrob back then as Melchior.

I tried on-stage seating twice for Groff in "Spring Awakening." It was much darker musical when sitting on stage so close to the cast. Not my favorite memory. But, I did enjoy Jonathan's mostly nude (ass) scene with Lea Michelle.

BROADWAY STARS LESLIE ODOM JR., ANDREW RANNELLS,

SUTTON FOSTER, AND STEPHANIE J. BLOCK

TO PERFORM LIVE CONCERTS AT

LINCOLN CENTER, DECEMBER 19-22

Tickets on Sale to General Public, Oct. 3

Live From Lincoln Center to Broadcast Concerts on PBS in 2018

This December, some of Broadway’s brightest stars—Leslie Odom Jr., Andrew Rannells, Sutton Foster with special guest Jonathan Groff, and Stephanie J. Block—will headline four special performances combining the intimacy of cabaret with the razzle dazzle of the Great White Way at The Appel Room at Jazz at Lincoln Center. Presented by Live From Lincoln Center, each evening showcases one of these leading voices of musical theater while illuminating their musical journeys to stardom, revisiting favorite songs, and offering glimpses of future projects.

The live concert series, Live From Lincoln Center Presents at The Appel Room, will run on four consecutive evenings with each artist performing a 7:30 p.m. show: Leslie Odom Jr. on Dec. 19; Andrew Rannells on Dec. 20; Sutton Foster with Jonathan Groff on Dec. 21; and Stephanie J. Block on Dec. 22. In addition to the live performances, the shows will be taped by Live From Lincoln Center to air on PBS nationwide in four hourlong episodes in 2018.

“We have assembled an incredible lineup for this series, which offers the rare opportunity to see beloved Broadway stars in an intimate setting, and in their own words,” said Andrew C. Wilk, executive producer of Live From Lincoln Center. “This group of artists—Live From Lincoln Center favorites Andrew Rannells, Stephanie J. Block and Sutton Foster, and ‘newcomers’ to our program, multi-talented Hamilton stars Leslie Odom Jr. and, appearing alongside Sutton, Jonathan Groff—have garnered 13 Tony nominations between them. If you’re a Broadway fan, a follower of these talented artists, or even if you just love a beautiful song, this is a series not to be missed.”

Andrew Rannells (HBO’s Girls; Tony nomination for The Book of Mormon) and Stephanie J. Block (Wicked; Tony nomination for The Mystery of Edwin Drood) both star in the upcoming broadcast of Falsettos, which will air on PBS Oct. 27, and have earned Tony Award nominations for their performances. Sutton Foster (Tony Award–winner for Anything Goes and Thoroughly Modern Millie) was a featured performer in Live From Lincoln Center’s “SINATRA: Voice for a Century,” which was broadcast on PBS in December 2015, and will invite Jonathan Groff (Tony nominations for Hamilton and Spring Awakening) to join her. Leslie Odom Jr. won a Tony Award for his portrayal of Aaron Burr in Hamilton.

Archived