Craigslist

Milo Farnsworth
This topic is 2449 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On the contrary, I only respond to those explicitly seeking "generous" because they're the only ones I can be sure are for hire. Otherwise, there's no way of knowing... is there? I mean, I know I can come right out and ask.. and I have before. Which did also work out well. You can pretty much buy any of those guys. It's just that with the word "generous" included, it's more of a sure thing.

On the contrary, I only respond to those explicitly seeking "generous" because they're the only ones I can be sure are for hire. Otherwise, there's no way of knowing... is there? I mean, I know I can come right out and ask.. and I have before. Which did also work out well. You can pretty much buy any of those guys. It's just that with the word "generous" included, it's more of a sure thing.

Good point. Craigslist action might pick up again with all of the new restrictions to rent.men.

It tends to be the key word.. "generous".. however, I've had ads deleted for using that word. So, they are on to it.

I spot misspellings like "gnrs", "gen", or whatever. They've gotten pretty strict about "generous" meaning, "money in exchange for".

So it kinda sucks that if something happens to rent.men... it'll be even worse.. craigslist won't allow anything near "gen"..

I've even seen a lot of "GENtleman seeking"... and even those are often removed.

I've posted as "GENtleman" in SoCal *often* and never been flagged.

the point of my post was a "tongue-in-cheek" referring to something else.....are you saying that on craigslist you make general posts outlining yourself as a generous guy looking to hire ???....if so, that's an approach to finding guys that isn't among the ways that I would operate.....but good luck with that.....if I'm confused & misunderstanding you - sorry.

The flagging thing is very hit or miss. It depends on the day, the wording, and the location. In OC, CL is pretty aggressive about flagging and ghosting ads that are about hiring. As always with such things, your mileage may vary.

To be specific and "pick a nit", it's CL USERS that flag aggressive, CL as such does not

Okay . . . I'm checking out Craigslist and come across a muscular latin (pic) looking for head . . . . generous men preferred. I replied via email and left my ph number. Is this a bad call? What is the best way to make contact?

I would have provided an email address instead of my phone number.

BTW: did he call you?

Archived