Favorite love song

samhexum
This topic is 2261 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Air Supply had some very romantic songs

I had several of their albums. I liked their sound, but laughed when they released Making Love Out Of Nothing At All, because it sounded like EVERY song Jim Steinman ever wrote. The Meatloaf albums, the Celine Dion song, Bonnie Tyler, the Barbra Strident song (which I love)... they all seem to have the same structure.

Steinman is credited as music producer of every selection on Bonnie Tyler's album Faster Than the Speed of Night(1983).[31] Steinman also wrote and composed two of the songs on the album: "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Faster Than the Speed of Night", the album's title selection. For a period in 1983, two songs written and produced by Steinman held the top two positions on the Billboard singles chart, with "Total Eclipse of the Heart" at number one, and "Making Love Out of Nothing at All", performed by Air Supply, at number two.[32] The second of those appeared on Air Supply's 1983 compilation albums Greatest Hits and Making Love... The Very Best of Air Supply, and was also released as a single. On the inner cover of the album, Steinman is also credited with being the "seductive female voice" speaking the words "I'd do anything for love, but I wont do that" on the song "Getting so Excited", the same words that would later become the title of a hit single Steinman wrote for Meat Loaf which was released ten years later.

The soundtrack for the 1984 film Footloose included the song "Holding Out for a Hero", performed by Bonnie Tyler. Steinman produced the selection and is credited with composing the music

Celine Dion's album Falling Into You (1996) included the song "It's All Coming Back to Me Now", written and produced by Steinman. He also produced, but not authored, two other songs on the album: "River Deep, Mountain High" and "Call the Man".[64] "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" reached No. 2 on the Billboard charts[65] and won Steinman the award for BMI song of the year.

"Left in the Dark" is a song by Jim Steinman from his only solo album Bad for Good. It gained more notice as performed by Barbra Streisand when released as the lead single from her album Emotion in autumn 1984.

Streisand's rendition of the song is a power ballad which tells about experiences of a woman who finds out her partner has been cheating on her. "Left in the Dark" met with moderate commercial success internationally.

The music video for the song was Barbra's first video intended for MTV. Filmed within three days in Los Angeles in September 1984, it was directed byJonathan Kaplan and included an appearance from Kris Kristofferson. The six-minute video portrays Barbra as a lounge singer entangled in a love triangle, with Kristofferson playing her partner.

Edited by samhexum