Sex, Politics, Meth and Death in West Hollywood

Rod Hagen
This topic is 2126 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

And yeah, if he was paying enough, it would be really difficult for someone who's hard up for money to turn him down.

An addict doesn't need a reason to use...

This is a tragedy, but the story is full of holes and statements that just don't make any sense. The mother is only surmising on what happened, and let's just be clear, anybody who lives in that world on any level, knows full well what "Slamming" is. Every addict knows the consequences and the risks of drug use. I'm not excusing Buck's behavior, there is plenty of blame to go around.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An addict doesn't need a reason to use.

They don't. That is what makes them an addict. Thank you for stating the obvious.

But they still need to provide cash or 'services' to acquire them. They need help. They don't need to be victims of people abusing them. In this specific case, the abuse ended in death.

Do you not have any humanity left in you?

Edited by Guy Fawkes

True but getting serious money for using can make people who wouldn't otherwise have a problem into addicts.

So you're saying that the need for money came before the need to get high? I grew up on those streets, lived in that world, what you are saying is simply not true. Heron, meth, are the most addictive drugs known to man. If he was smoking large bowls of meth, and slamming, he was an addict. Addicts on that level care about one thing, getting that next high. Any sense of rational thinking goes out the door. Drugs are the only reality. He wasn't some kid wandering the streets of Hollywood, he came all the way from Texas.

And this statement by the mother is just pure speculation. It's a way of justifying what happened and laying blame on someone else.

"Nevertheless, Nixon is steadfast in her accusations about the activist’s alleged fetish for getting young African American men high"

Buck might have liked to be with young black guys and watch them get high, but that's hardly a fetish. Meth addicts enjoy watching each other get high, that's part of it. Yes, there is plenty of blame to go around, and many would consider Buck a predator, but I see this story as far more complicated than that.

Some of you are so naive. You'd be an addicts dream friend as in easy to manipulate. He wasn't homeless and he was no ones victim. He was going out on the street and getting other guys high and then filming it so buck could watch. Sounds to me like he liked it. He didn't want anyone's help. He was a hardcore slammer and just like Buck an addict.

Also, there are thousands of slamming videos you can find on any of the tube sites and they don't consider themselves victims. It's just a fetish that many have in that scene.

Good lord. This story really upset me for some reason. And yeah, if he was paying enough, it would be really difficult for someone who's hard up for money to turn him down.

Maybe the BDSM community needs to rethink it's "Anything goes between consenting adults" stance.

I don't see this as BDSM. Injecting dangerous drugs like meth into someone for funsies is neither safe, sane and consensual nor risk aware consensual kink.

From this it's impossible to know the extent of accountability, but viewing the mother's claims in the most sympathetic light possible, Buck induced her son to allow him to inject (or to inject himself with) dangerous drugs in exchange for payment that he used to support himself. That's predation compounded by differences in power, class and race. It may well also be a criminal act for which he will never be held accountable.

Is it possible the son was already a user and this was not a big deal to him, making his death an outcome he voluntarily and knowingly assumed? Yes. Nevertheless, none of us actually know for sure, and it bothers me that this is being used to seemingly shrug shoulders at Buck facing no consequences for his involvement.

• 11 months later...

Unbelievable. But typical. The privileged one usually gets away with murder. If the tables were turned...there would have been an entire racket of charges from possession to prosititution to murder. But that's something a lot of people who like to claim "playing the victim" will never understand. To them, it's all about being a "victim". They don't understand the on-going system of disenfranchisement that continues to exist in a residual form, from hundreds of years of oppression.

That's why ya can't trust some of these doping mother foers. Clients who associate around drugs are HIGH RISK and best to be avoided or dealt with briefly. But considering this person took advantage of people off the streets, it's understandable how one wouldn't know the risks involved.

I had a client locally who bless his heart he's a fun guy, but encouraged me to get high (on the T tree) with him. HELL MFing NO! I don't trust you or the drug you're taking. Why the F I would need to take something with him is unnecessary. There's also some gay guys who can't even enjoy to HAVE SEX WITHOUT BEING HIGH ON SOME HEAVY DRUG. So what does that say? It's a bunch of BS is what it is.

At the same time, I've (unintended) been in such sessions, and probably the only way this guy got off, is the fact that these type of things are usually consensual. You really can't force someone to shoot up. Even though someone can pursuade you to do it, whether it be a gay guy at a bar, a friend or a client...ultimately it's up to the person to have the will to decline it.

Edited by Mocha

The scary things I'd heard about meth over the years convinced me to avoid users.

I recently saw a well known gay singer/song writer perform. During the middle of his show he recommended avoiding meth, based on his troubled, prolonged use.

"It will kick your ass,"
he said.

The scary things I'd heard about meth over the years convinced me to avoid users.

I recently saw a well known gay singer/song writer perform. During the middle of his show he recommended avoiding meth, based on his troubled, prolonged use.

"It will kick your ass,"
he said.

It's so common in the community. That's why nowadays I'm not as eager to go to gay bars and such like when I was in my early 20s. I'll have my mood once or twice a month that I want to go out and be all fake and phony with the fakes and phonies, but then after that I like to get back to dealing with genuine people. You could meet seemingly perfectly good people, and then it turns out they're doing coca or meth. And if you're not doing the stuff they're doing, they don't give time of day.

Do you ParTy?

Edited by Mocha