Looks like rentmen and rent.men have disabled photo search

dutchal
This topic is 2095 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't click on the full-sized photo. You have to right-click the thumbnail and do "search google for image" on Chrome.

Edited by DTCG82

When I right-click on the thumbnail (Chrome on Mac) on a Rent.Men ad I'm unable to search. I've been using a convoluted method to access the pics (view page source) and have been performing image searches from there for a while. It's not for the faint of heart, but for the web-savvy it's just an extra couple of clicks.

Guest RexB
Try using the rentmen.com site instead?

Yes, it only works on rentmen. Doesn't work on rent.men. Also, on rentmen you can drag and drop the thumbnails, whereas on rent.men you can't.

• 8 months later...
Guest Listen for the pop
To ferret out and discover fake pics...unfortunately it’s quite common

Are there any notable fakes on there? I’m mostly interested in tall tops?

Are there any notable fakes on there? I’m mostly interested in tall tops?

Tooooo many. Just search for the word “fake” on this forum and you have 100s of posts. If you are looking to check someone in particular, people in the deli will often do that for you, but you can do a simple reverse image search yourself using google.

I use the app Reversee and the pro version ($3.99) will search Google, Bing and Yandex (which is usually the most fruitful). It's got lots of neat features like scraping an entire page of all images and allowing you to search one-by-one. This works on a RentMent profile page - > paste in the URL for a profile and it will display all the profile pics and you can search for each one on all three search engines.

• 6 months later...
I use the app Reversee and the pro version ($3.99) will search Google, Bing and Yandex (which is usually the most fruitful). It's got lots of neat features like scraping an entire page of all images and allowing you to search one-by-one. This works on a RentMent profile page - > paste in the URL for a profile and it will display all the profile pics and you can search for each one on all three search engines.

Thanks Keith, I love it. Got the pro version, actually, people who build good quality apps like this can get a few dollars as an incentive to keep it going, and improve it even more.

There is a paste button. It pastes anything you have in you clipboard (most recent “copy”)

9_AA249_DD_C85_D_4591_B8_CC_BD3_A806_E6_C31.jpg

Tried that, Says “no images in clipboard...” or something similar? I’ll play with it.

EDIT: got it! Private browser I was using wasn’t copying URL to Clipboard properly. Chrome and all copy/paste the URL fine

Another way to access all the photos in a profile (at least on a PC - I don't know if this also works on a mac):

1) Open the profile in question, and right-click on any of the photos

2) Click on "view page source" in the menu that comes up. This will open a new page.

3) On the new page, scroll down to around line 575 or so (line numbers are on the far left)

4) You will see a series of clickable links - each is to one photo on the profile. Clicking on a link will open a new page with that pic, which can then be copied/saved, or searched for. (Private photos are included in this if you already have access to them and have opened them.)

When I right-click on the thumbnail (Chrome on Mac) on a Rent.Men ad I'm unable to search. I've been using a convoluted method to access the pics (view page source) and have been performing image searches from there for a while. It's not for the faint of heart, but for the web-savvy it's just an extra couple of clicks.

Another way to access all the photos in a profile (at least on a PC - I don't know if this also works on a mac):

1) Open the profile in question, and right-click on any of the photos

2) Click on "view page source" in the menu that comes up. This will open a new page.

3) On the new page, scroll down to around line 575 or so (line numbers are on the far left)

4) You will see a series of clickable links - each is to one photo on the profile. Clicking on a link will open a new page with that pic, which can then be copied/saved, or searched for. (Private photos are included in this if you already have access to them and have opened them.)

Yep, that's the "convoluted" method I use. You can search the source for ".jpg" and you should find get to the list of pic links within two or three jumps. I hesitate to make such recommendations on a page where some folks struggle with cut and paste for web page links.