Ryan / Back Page

Finbar
This topic is 2568 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you know how to send pictures here from your phone instead... Because it seems like the only way is to upload them from URL? Thanks Mr K

With an iOS device the only way I know is to grab a copy of the URL for the picture and paste it into the Tineye search field. It works but is a little more tedious. There may be a way to use Google Images to do this on iOS but I don't know how. Perhaps others can share their knowledge.

Others may know of a faster way or even an app that will scrape the images from a web page and search for them... Tineye will do this but you get every web part including banners and footers.

All that said these look allot like professionally taken model photos.

Does it work with iPhones as well? I just downloaded Chrome but that option is not coming up. Am I doing something wrong?

I wrote this awhile back. The following is the only way I know to do an image search using Chrome on an iPhone.

There is a way. It's a clumsy work-around. But until Google enables uploading photos into the mobile browser for picture searches it's the only way I know to do it.

1. You need to download Dropbox to your phone.(I'm sure any picture hosting site would work)

2. Then you take a screenshot of the picture in question.

3. I don't know if this is strictly necessary, but I resize/edit the picture so the it's only the picture and the edges from the phone screenshot are gone.

4. Upload the picture to Dropbox.

5. Once the picture is in Dropbox, choose to 'export the picture'. Pick the 'link' option.

6. Paste the link into the Google mobile browser.

7. The picture should show up inside the browser.

8. Press on the picture in the browser. Google will give you the option of saving the picture to your phone or (voila) conducting a web search for it!!!

(Note: Once you are used to doing it, while a bit klutzy, it doesn't take that long)

Gman

Gman

I wrote this awhile back. The following is the only way I know to do an image search using Chrome on an iPhone.

There is a way. It's a clumsy work-around. But until Google enables uploading photos into the mobile browser for picture searches it's the only way I know to do it.

1. You need to download Dropbox to your phone.(I'm sure any picture hosting site would work)

3. I don't know if this is strictly necessary, but I resize/edit the picture so the it's only the picture and the edges from the phone screenshot are gone.

5. Once the picture is in Dropbox, choose to 'export the picture'. Pick the 'link' option.

8. Press on the picture in the browser. Google will give you the option of saving the picture to your phone or (voila) conducting a web search for it!!!

(Note: Once you are used to doing it, while a bit klutzy, it doesn't take that long)

Gman

Gman

Thanks man!

Gman

Gman

There's easier.

Gman

Gman

I started looking around... there is an iOs app called Reversee that is a little easier to use and has one nifty trick.

On an iPhone, for example, you select a Backpage profile and then select a picture then copy into your clipboard.

Flip over to Reversee and select 'search' and it pulls in ALL the pics on that Backpage page and allows you to search all of them.

It can work the same way with Rentmen except you have to use the mobile rather than desktop site.

It also has an extension that makes searching easier if you enable it... you don't have to copy the pic to your clipboard... just the little up-arrow and Reversee is one of the options like Dropbox that appears.

If you buy the Pro version you can search Google, Bing and Yandex. Interesting observation: on the few profiles I played with, Bing was the only one that picked up pictures of the same guy in a different pose... i.e., it seemed to search on the face portion. I'll play around with it a bit more but it's much easier than grabbing and pasting URL's.

Science marches on.

Gman

Gman

Thank you Gman!!!

Gman

Gman

But, but...my method works as described on iPhone too

1) google chrome, I open an incognito tab

2) Rentmen.com, when it loads scroll to bottom and select "full site"

3) browse to your gentleman,openhismad, then press/hold on the small thumbnail image (not large image) and drop down box with google image search appears

right?

I started looking around... there is an iOs app called Reversee that is a little easier to use and has one nifty trick.

On an iPhone, for example, you select a Backpage profile and then select a picture then copy into your clipboard.

Flip over to Reversee and select 'search' and it pulls in ALL the pics on that Backpage page and allows you to search all of them.

It can work the same way with Rentmen except you have to use the mobile rather than desktop site.

It also has an extension that makes searching easier if you enable it... you don't have to copy the pic to your clipboard... just the little up-arrow and Reversee is one of the options like Dropbox that appears.

If you buy the Pro version you can search Google, Bing and Yandex. Interesting observation: on the few profiles I played with, Bing was the only one that picked up pictures of the same guy in a different pose... i.e., it seemed to search on the face portion. I'll play around with it a bit more but it's much easier than grabbing and pasting URL's.

Science marches on.

Just installed it works great!

But, but...my method works as described on iPhone too

1) google chrome, I open an incognito tab

2) Rentmen.com, when it loads scroll to bottom and select "full site"

3) browse to your gentleman,openhismad, then press/hold on the small thumbnail image (not large image) and drop down box with google image search appears

right?

Not for me it didn't. When I tried this a box opened up that had two choices. 1) Open and 2) Copy link URL.

I tried choosing the second option. But it didn't really copy a URL link.

Gman

Not for me it didn't. When I tried this a box opened up that had two choices. 1) Open and 2) Copy link URL.

I tried choosing the second option. But it didn't really copy a URL link.

Gman

Hmmm...I tried it before I posted and it's working on my iPhone. I'll review what I posted maybe I missed a step...easy to do skip something writing a list of instructions like that :)

Archived