Johnsons in Ft Lauderdale

DR FREUD
This topic is 2342 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Went to Johnson's last night. He did a nice job on the place. The front room is a bar and the second room, divided by a curtain, is where the dancers stage is. It is set up similar to the Swinging Richard's format, a large stage surrounded by a comfortable seating area for viewing. Bartenders are familiar faces from the Swing Richards in Pompano, including Travis who monitored the front door there. He's looking as good as ever. ;). The happy hour drinks, 6-9pm are $5 for top shelf and easily twice the size of anything on the Drive. They will be $10 from 9pm on, but still compare that to the Boardwalk where the drinks are $16 and served in a tumbler.

For now the lap dance area will be $10 dollars for a wrist band and $20 per song, though Travis said that pricing structure might change. The lap dance areas are very private. A large overstuffed chair surrounded by curtains. All in all the guys did a nice job getting this bar up and running, and it will be a nice addition to Wilton Drive.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Johnson's last night. He did a nice job on the place. The front room is a bar and the second room, divided by a curtain, is where the dancers stage is. It is set up similar to the Swinging Richard's format, a large stage surrounded by a comfortable seating area for viewing. Bartenders are familiar faces from the Swing Richards in Pompano, including Travis who monitored the front door there. He's looking as good as ever. ;). The happy hour drinks, 6-9pm are $5 for top shelf and easily twice the size of anything on the Drive. They will be $10 from 9pm on, but still compare that to the Boardwalk where the drinks are $16 and served in a tumbler.

For now the lap dance area will be $10 dollars for a wrist band and $20 per song, though Travis said that pricing structure might change. The lap dance areas are very private. A large overstuffed chair surrounded by curtains. All in all the guys did a nice job getting this bar up and running, and it will be a nice addition to Wilton Drive.

We just made our plans to go to S FL this coming weekend. I am looking forward to checking it out and very excited about their perfect location on "the Drive". See you soon #MattColunga

So... we had fun at the new Johnson's in Wilton Manors. (But no full nudity)

The drinks were $10 each, the dancers were very friendly and nice.

$10 wrist bands for private dances.... $20 a dance and it was a $10 cover charge.

They had a silent auction for the Center and I won several auction items... so I also got a Black Card for free admission. (Very generous of Matt)

The energy was good in the room and I wish them well..,. We will be spending lots of money and although we were hoping to see some naked hot guys... it was stil l a fun night out.

Welcome to the neighborhood Guys!!! -xx

Edited by samK

Wow! It looks like Dante has moved over? Any details on this?

Along with at least 2 others.

Fun fact, Dante used to date Sean Duran/Cam (seen bartending at Johnson's). Sean has spoken about it on twitter and has only said nice things about him. :)

Having looked at these pics and taking into account that dancers from LeBoy are now dancing at Johnsons, I am concerned. I only saw one hunky dancer in the pics. If one likes hunky, muscular, masculine guys....maybe Johnsons is gonna be a bust. If it ends up being a remake of Johnny's, LeBoy, or Taboo I guess it won't be for me. I thought Johnson's was gonna have Stock or SR's type talent.

Having looked at these pics and taking into account that dancers from LeBoy are now dancing at Johnsons, I am concerned. I only saw one hunky dancer in the pics. If one likes hunky, muscular, masculine guys....maybe Johnsons is gonna be a bust. If it ends up being a remake of Johnny's, LeBoy, or Taboo I guess it won't be for me. I thought Johnson's was gonna have Stock or SR's type talent.

+1

From what I saw of the pics for opening night at Johnsons, the dancers were not very impressive. I'm going again this weekend, so we'll see....

So, I was finally able to check out Johnson. I went on Wednesday night but didn't show up until 11ish. The club looks great - impeccably clean, good lay out, friendly bartenders. It wasn't too busy and there were maybe 3-5 dancers (I realize it was a Wednesday and I showed up later). The dancers had athletic builds - no big muscle guys. I recognized one of the dancers from LeBoy. I was hoping for more dancers but Matt mentioned a few times that they have new dancers starting later in the week. I chatted with one of the bartenders and he mentioned the club is (understandably) busier on the weekends. I didn't do a lap dance but the private area looks fairly private with big curtains (and much cleaner that BW's private area). All in all, Johnson has tons of potential and its a much needed and welcome addition to South Florida. I'm hopeful bigger muscle guys will dance there. Hope to be back there soon!

PS James wasn't bar tending but hopefully he works weekends ;)

So, I was finally able to check out Johnson. I went on Wednesday night but didn't show up until 11ish. The club looks great - impeccably clean, good lay out, friendly bartenders. It wasn't too busy and there were maybe 3-5 dancers (I realize it was a Wednesday and I showed up later). The dancers had athletic builds - no big muscle guys. I recognized one of the dancers from LeBoy. I was hoping for more dancers but Matt mentioned a few times that they have new dancers starting later in the week. I chatted with one of the bartenders and he mentioned the club is (understandably) busier on the weekends. I didn't do a lap dance but the private area looks fairly private with big curtains (and much cleaner that BW's private area). All in all, Johnson has tons of potential and its a much needed and welcome addition to South Florida. I'm hopeful bigger muscle guys will dance there. Hope to be back there soon!

PS James wasn't bar tending but hopefully he works weekends ;)

I think James was in NY according to the Adonis emails. I'm looking forward to seeing him again when I'm next in Florida!

Cautiously optimistic about the place. Got to visit last night. Place was pretty busy. Some great looking guys mixed in with lots of meh. A lot of former dancers from the other clubs. New club but the faces won't necessarily be new to you. Drink prices are fantastic. $10 cover. $10 wristbands. $20 per song. That's pretty much the price point I am ok with. But I get the feeling this is the introductory pricing. About 15-20 dancers. They're going for a mix of types... so whether you like the gym rats or twinks, you won't be ecstatic, but appeased. Based on reading these boards, most tend to like clubs to choose a lane and go with it. Problem with that is you alienate. But by trying to be all things to all people, it means you're probably only going to be interested in 1/3 of the dancers at best. Location is very cool - right in the heart of the Wilton Manors club scene. Kind of cool to be able to bounce for a while. Walk around and go back. And I think one of the biggest selling points for people who've posted here... NO SMOKING inside. They have a back patio. Sure people will walk by you reeking of cigarettes, but at least you don't get smoke in your face. If dancers come on board, this place will do major damage to LB and BW. But that's a big if. Right now it seems like they're mostly getting the castaways from the other clubs.

Cautiously optimistic about the place. Got to visit last night. Place was pretty busy. Some great looking guys mixed in with lots of meh. A lot of former dancers from the other clubs. New club but the faces won't necessarily be new to you. Drink prices are fantastic. $10 cover. $10 wristbands. $20 per song. That's pretty much the price point I am ok with. But I get the feeling this is the introductory pricing. About 15-20 dancers. They're going for a mix of types... so whether you like the gym rats or twinks, you won't be ecstatic, but appeased. Based on reading these boards, most tend to like clubs to choose a lane and go with it. Problem with that is you alienate. But by trying to be all things to all people, it means you're probably only going to be interested in 1/3 of the dancers at best. Location is very cool - right in the heart of the Wilton Manors club scene. Kind of cool to be able to bounce for a while. Walk around and go back. And I think one of the biggest selling points for people who've posted here... NO SMOKING inside. They have a back patio. Sure people will walk by you reeking of cigarettes, but at least you don't get smoke in your face. If dancers come on board, this place will do major damage to LB and BW. But that's a big if. Right now it seems like they're mostly getting the castaways from the other clubs.

+1

Yes cautiously optimistic as well. However...

Good Evening Gentlemen,

I wanted to let you all know what's going on with Johnsons. We have all our permits and are ready to go, but we have a piece of shit ac that after tonight will be fixed. The last thing holding us up is the stage, we leased a large portable stage til we can figure out what we wanna do but the city says we have to get a building permit and have an architect to do drawings of it. Then they will take 7-10 days to decide. Mind you there are other bars on the drive that said the don't have a permit and were never asked to do one.lol It. We should be opening at 6pm tomorrow!!!

What time are there actually dancers on stage? It seems that other places open in the early afternoon but there are no dancers around until 9:00'ish.

What time are there actually dancers on stage? It seems that other places open in the early afternoon but there are no dancers around until 9:00'ish.

I popped in around 7 yesterday and there were dancers on stage. Not sure what time they started though. By 9 they had 2 or 3 dancers on stage at a time.

FWIW...I think the Boardwalk is more fun at happy hour. They always have a nice collection of dancers working the floor, flirting and willing to show the early birds a good time. The big boys come in about 9ish, then the real fun starts. Lots of options at that hour however, there's LeBoy, the Boardwalk and Johnsons.

FWIW...I think the Boardwalk is more fun at happy hour. They always have a nice collection of dancers working the floor, flirting and willing to show the early birds a good time. The big boys come in about 9ish, then the real fun starts. Lots of options at that hour however, there's LeBoy, the Boardwalk and Johnsons.

Any likelihood that any would have any entertainers hanging around at 4:00'ish?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gentlemen,

Just want everyone to know that hiring dancers for a new place takes a couple of months, I want a variety of guys from small to large. A little something for everyone but I have to be careful not to hire ones with attitudes. Perfection takes time. Also, with any club I've ran I've come to find that the small ones come early in the night and the large one come close to the cutoff time. Usually the guest that like the small boys come early in the night as well. I just ask that y'all give me some time to make the club perfect before making a judgement call. I finally own my own so I want to be everyone's wet dream.

Matt