Are Spas Such As Those In The NYC Post Risky?

Dmitri
This topic is 2573 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have always gone to individual masseurs, but am intrigued by going to a spa, such as those listed in the thread posted below on NYC spas. My only concern is that by going to a spa it might get raided. I know the risk of getting busted is much lower, almost zero with an individual erotic masseur. Do you think my fear is justified by those of you that have gone to these spas that offer erotic extras? Appreciate any feedback since I will be in NYC next week and might try one.

I don't think I ever hear much about NYC spas getting busted, and frankly I'd think they'd look to bust the (much more numerous) spas staffed by women first, the ones that charge much much less and are more likely to be fronts for trafficking.

If the spa is totally out of place in its location and seems like an area where the neighbors would be upset it was there, I might be a bit more concerned. But if it's been around several years I'd think it unlikely to be targeted.

Agree, it's rare but always that slim chance. I once witnessed a raid on straight spa while sitting in a coffee shop next door. Quite impressive and dramatic with 10 or so cops storming the place. Didn't see any embarrassed clients, just a few perturbed Asian ladies. The cops left with a number of boxes which led me to believe it wasn't necessarily illegal sexual activity related.

If it's a real business, unless a cop physically sees you getting a HJ, could you really get in trouble just for being there? Even if you had a hardon, that doesn't mean anything since people get hardons at legit places all the time? Also even if you were getting a HJ, wouldn't that still be legal without proof that you were going to pay for it?

On the other hand, going to a spa seems a little safer to me than going to someone's apartment. If that person was going to be sketchy, it sounds a little scary being alone with them at their house.

Having experienced raids years ago in some of the more notorious bars in NYC, I can say for the most part, I suspect the worst thing about being in a raid would be embarrassment. If some place is raided (maybe excluding a trafficking operation) the police are more interested in shutting down a nuisance operation that a neighborhood has complained about, or making quotas, or even a slap on the wrist for the people working there even if there is some evidence of prostitution. If you were in a spa in NYC and it was raided, you'd likely be told to get your clothes on and get out.

As another poster who survived more than a few Giuliani era raids on clubs in NYC....

"Get your clothes on and get out"....was a bad as it got.

Actually, I have to say the police were downright polite, respectful, and almost apologetic for ruining all the fun.

I'm not saying they couldn't make life hell for you....but that doesn't seem to be their agenda.

Don't forget...they're never 100% sure WHO is there....honestly it's better for them if the patrons "escape" unnoticed.

Archived