Cigarette smoke at South Fla Strip Clubs

johnjohn
This topic is 2573 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a ? Does all the Cigarette Smoke at Boardwalk, Floppy Rooster and LeBoy bother everyone or is it just me?

When i go out to all of those clubs, I have to walkout side to catch my breathe, and when i get back to where i am staying, i strip down shower and hang clothes out side. I wish they would do something about all the smoke. An air cleaner at least. Tell me your thoughts please

Coming from an area where all the smokers do so surrounding the outside of buildings looking like Simpsons characters in the process, I can't believe smoking goes on at those places.

I'm not a visitor to these establishments, neither here or at home, but I am surprised at the extent to which smoking is permitted. Smoking is prohibited in any enclosed public space in Australia, including enclosed bars and restaurants. There are some exceptions for bars that aren't completely enclosed, a percentage of wall and ceiling space has to be open to the elements. Smoking is also banned in, and within 4 metres of outdoor dining areas. Smoking is also prohibited within 4 metres of doors, open windows and ventilation openings for public buildings. It's also prohibited on any public transport waiting areas including railway platforms, bus stops and taxi ranks, and in private cars when a child under 16 is present.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not a visitor to these establishments, neither here or at home, but I am surprised at the extent to which smoking is permitted. Smoking is prohibited in any enclosed public space in Australia, including enclosed bars and restaurants. There are some exceptions for bars that aren't completely enclosed, a percentage of wall and ceiling space has to be open to the elements. Smoking is also banned in, and within 4 metres of outdoor dining areas. Smoking is also prohibited within 4 metres of doors, open windows and ventilation openings for public buildings. It's also prohibited on any public transport waiting areas including railway platforms, bus stops and taxi ranks, and in private cars when a child under 16 is present.

Smoking is not outlawed in public spaces by Federal law so it is up to the local ordinances. However in my experience every major US city bans smoking in restaurants and bars. Ft L is a notable exception. Something archaic about it.

I was just in South Florida.

With all the smoke in the bars....it was like visiting the 1980's.

And while the 1980's were, in general, amazing....this aspect of them was just fucking gross.

I left after 5 minutes....and I still had to go home and change clothes so I wouldn't smell like an ashtray the rest of the night.

Michigan banned it in all buildings (I believe) around 2010. Certainly in all restaurants & bars. A friend who bartends in San Francisco smokes, but he appreciates the no-smoking policy in the bar - he mentioned the same effect on his clothes, and the inability to get away for it (except for his smoke breaks :-) )

Archived