SKYSOBE in Miami - Terrible Experience

david78nyc
This topic is 2502 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

david78nyc, $75 is nothing to pay for your physical safety! This guy sounds bi-polar. Whatever the price was I would have just paid it to get out safely as you did. You can't put a price on your life! And calling the cops would have done no good. This guy is so unhinged he probably would have said you were paying for sex and then you would have more problems. I have only encountered the garden type variety of issues, such as masseurs who do use their own pics, or do not look like their pics. I mention it as I arrive, and they usually have some excuse. I feel out the situation. If they are still hot, I usually stay. If not, I leave. What you encountered crosses the line. Being threatened with physical violence is NOT OKAY as you realize. I would contact the administrator of the Masseurfinder website to alert him to what you posted here. Just posting a review will do no good. This guy's ad should be removed from MF, and he should not be allowed to advertise anywhere. He is mentally unstable and a threat to other's safety. So contact Masseurfinder ASAP to let them know your story, and ask to have his ad removed from their website, due to his violent nature. I am sure they do want the legal liability on their hands of an advertiser who is threatening clients with physical violence as in your situation.

I doubt MF is going to do anything as from their perspective it's impossible to tell who is telling the truth and they're going to err on the side of the person paying them. You posted here, some will avoid this guy and that's really the best you can hope for out of this situation.

I think you handled it in a way that was safe, and as Dmitri said, $75 is fraction of the cost of other problems that could have come up. And you should contact MF and let them know right away about what happened. There is risk in hiring someone you don't know and most of the time, in my experience, it has worked out really well. I've met some of the nicest most talented and interesting people. But every now and then there is someone like you described. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

A lot depends on where the reviews appeared and what they had to say.

I enjoy massage, but there are a ton of flakes and frauds out there who believe massage is an easy way to make extra cash. Personally, I think it takes a lot of work to find an honest, talented guy. It can be a jungle out there. I wouldn't be able to tolerate a smelly, unclean apartment.

The last new massage guy I went to claimed to be 32 in his ad. During a later massage, he confessed to being 52. I didn't really care about his age, and he looked great for 52. He was also talented, but the fact that his lie was so severe, it turned me off. I didn't get the point of it. I stopped going to him.

What a horrible experience, @david78nyc. Like @Kody S, I think you handled this the best way you possibly could have. The most important thing is that you got out (unfortunately without the $75) without any harm, and the second most important thing is that you shared your experience with the rest of us. Looking at his reviews, and taking into account your experience, it's pretty clear that a couple of his reviews are fake. I don't think that's something anyone would have noticed before you reported your experience, but consider these two issues:

• Both of the reviews from 2016 used the phrase "just the right amount of pressure."
  • The author of the Feb 02, 2016 review twice referenced seeing him "again," but under "Number of appointments," the reviewer said "Once."

It's unfortunate that we can't just accept all reviews at face value, and that is why I am grateful that I found this site. Before I did, I relied on my own snooping skills, like the time last year when a I Googled the phone number of a therapist who told me he was 35, only to see that his voting record said he was born in 1964. I was also born in 1964, and have received some great massages from men my age and older. However, if someone is misrepresenting his age that much, you have to wonder what else he is lying about.

Thanks for all the replies -- and the reassurance that I did the right thing. It was so surreal, and so haunting; even two days later it's hard to process.

I did contact Masseurfinder, and was told that: "An official police report filed would allow us to act to remove an advertiser from the site, but we cannot do this based solely upon hearsay."

It's a reasonable (if frustrating) response. I share it only because if someone faces a similar situation, they should keep that in mind...

Unfortunately, for me, calling the police would have been untenable, as the need for discretion is a big reason I use the site.

I would contact Masseurfinder again to express your concerns and ask at the very least if they can contact the masseur to let him know they have been alerted to the incident and maybe they can give him a warning. This might make him think twice before he does this next time. Maybe I am naive, but it could not hurt to try.

I would contact Masseurfinder again to express your concerns and ask at the very least if they can contact the masseur to let him know they have been alerted to the incident and maybe they can give him a warning. This might make him think twice before he does this next time. Maybe I am naive, but it could not hurt to try.

The guy likely still has the client's phone number and will know who they are talking about, so if the guy is unstable, it's likely best to drop it.

I was fortunate to not have met him. When I first text him and asked him his limits, he went off and said come find out. It seems he likes to threaten. I got a bad vibe in addition to that. Im glad It wasn't just me. He is a lunatic.

It seems there are some out there who think they can make a quick $$ based on how impressed they are with their own looks/body, whatever. With no skills in relating well to people or massage skills they are sadly deluded. We, the clients and the paying customer, are more discerning. They don't get to call us names or treat us badly or unprofessionally without impact on their ability to get or retain clients. I have met some of the most professional and nicest guys who do fantastic massage work and become friends. I trust them to always do a great job. True gentlemen. My money is on them to succeed. They deserve to have a lot of business.

Agreed. I tried to schedule an apt with this guy once.

https://www.masseurfinder.com/mobile/listings/view/andreasnyc/

And I was slow in responding to his question. Next thing I know I was called a fag etc. strange.

Don't understand how they plan to get clients with this behavior. I checked out his ad. His text is cocky (not in a good way!) Also, he now holds the record for most reviews self posted in a 3 month period. Counted TWENTY FIVE reviews posted since January! And almost every review sounds the same, most 3 sentences long. His headline says "50 reviews for a reason." Yes, the reason is because you posted them all! :)

• 3 months later...
We look forward to your review: https://www.daddysreviews.com/submit

I just looked and unfortunately Daddy never posted my review. For the sake of posterity, without giving a review, I'll say only that the experience was so bad that I got up after five minutes; he demanded the full hour's fee; and when I refused to pay the full amount he threatened me physically, blockaded his door, and yelled a host of choice homophobic slurs. Caveat emptor. I'm still haunted by the experience months later.

Archived