He-Man Car Talk Thread

Gar1eth
This topic is 2622 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I should say that I 'like' the comment, but not the end of vehicle manufacturing in Australia. If nothing else it spawned some interesting models that GM could sell in small volumes elsewhere. Still, with Opel/Vauxhall being sold to PSA that wouldn't happen in Europe anymore anyway

Indeed, Ford and GM have retained some engineering capacity in Australia even though they have stopped manufacturing. I rather wish the Australian part of GM had been included in the PSA purchase, as the smaller vehicles that were GM's likely future here were Opels, but that appears not to be what is happening. But then I'm an almost 20 year Citroën driver.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish BMW would export their current 5 series wagon. I have a Mercedes wagon being built right now for me. I also can't wait to see the Mercedes CLS wagon or the Porsche Panamera wagon.. but alas cant wait that long.

BMW is coming out with a x series based on the 7 so larger longer wider than the x5

Indeed, Ford and GM have retained some engineering capacity in Australia even though they have stopped manufacturing. I rather wish the Australian part of GM had been included in the PSA purchase, as the smaller vehicles that were GM's likely future here were Opels, but that appears not to be what is happening. But then I'm an almost 20 year Citroën driver.

Citroën - now you've talking, just look at my avatar - 34 yrs old & still going strong. Though I do lust after a DS23 Pallas or even a Chapron Decapotable :)

I wish BMW would export their current 5 series wagon. I have a Mercedes wagon being built right now for me. I also can't wait to see the Mercedes CLS wagon or the Porsche Panamera wagon.. but alas cant wait that long.

BMW is coming out with a x series based on the 7 so larger longer wider than the x5

Somebody was able to import an E60 M5 Touring into the US. The DOT allows the import of foreign models if they are substantially the same as a model already sold in the US, and thus type approved. Generally that would disallow a wagon that wasn't already sold here, but at least one person has convinced the DOT otherwise. Maybe you should be the second. :D

That said, Mercedes builds better station wagons than BMW, if space and/or practicality is your priority. Plus Volvo sells its gorgeous V90 here.

Somebody was able to import an E60 M5 Touring into the US. The DOT allows the import of foreign models if they are substantially the same as a model already sold in the US, and thus type approved. Generally that would disallow a wagon that wasn't already sold here, but at least one person has convinced the DOT otherwise. Maybe you should be the second. :D

That said, Mercedes builds better station wagons than BMW, if space and/or practicality is your priority. Plus Volvo sells its gorgeous V90 here.

All true. I am in California and even if DOT allows a car in I would have to have it registered in Nevada or Oregon as our emissions are so tough and so regulated...and if you are driving a car with out of state plates you better have a drivers license from that state or they will force you to register in CA and then pay fines etc

All true. I am in California and even if DOT allows a car in I would have to have it registered in Nevada or Oregon as our emissions are so tough and so regulated...and if you are driving a car with out of state plates you better have a drivers license from that state or they will force you to register in CA and then pay fines etc

Ah. Sucks for you I guess.

I have been looking at small electric vehicles from CA, and the stickers and whatnot they come with are more than a tad confusing! :)

Ah. Sucks for you I guess.

I have been looking at small electric vehicles from CA, and the stickers and whatnot they come with are more than a tad confusing! :)

Yes and don't forget the little item of paying for a charging station in your garage etc and sometimes you have to run new 220 line in to service the station all depends on how you are set up. I just test drive the BMW 740E and the BMW X5 e. Both are pretty amazing and powered by a 4 or 6 cylinder bi turbo 2 liter then the hybrid part ..quite impressed

Yes and don't forget the little item of paying for a charging station in your garage etc and sometimes you have to run new 220 line in to service the station all depends on how you are set up. I just test drive the BMW 740E and the BMW X5 e. Both are pretty amazing and powered by a 4 or 6 cylinder bi turbo 2 liter then the hybrid part ..quite impressed

And this was my 1000 message so I am now in the Viscount catagory

The ones I'm looking at have inbuilt chargers and can slow charge from a domestic power supply. It won't be my primary vehicle.

Modern doesn't have to be dull....;)

http://68.media.tumblr.com/b54c029e529ea6d116f55f3cd1231598/tumblr_o34wxpgjsx1ru6h18o2_400.gif

I'm sorry BVB, I can't really tell much about the car because that guy's butt and thighs are in the way.:(

Gman

Archived