Liking term hospitalization and …

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2645 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have been a nurse for, gulp, 43 years, and still practice. The simple verbal thank you or a card has been in my heart and memory bank all this time. For a gift, a simple pizza dinner sent in is always fun and appreciated. Regarding your complaint. This past year I have had multiple hospitalizations and surgeries. These alternated between 2 facilities. Both of them had numbers to call on the wall in front of me to call if I had a complaint. In addition, in both hospitals, the nurse manager came in, sat down and asked me what I thought of the care, and if I had concerns. I know rehab/nursing facilities are different animals. However, they all have directors/administrators. In addition, most states have QA contacts. Mention you want that number and if this ever happens again, you will get resolution. AND, good thoughts to you on your recovery! WG2

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never been on a nursing unit where food was turned down. If you know of a place that delivers and can afford to send a very nice lunch =/- a cake, I am sure it will be appreciated. Don't forget to include beverages.

When my dad was discharged from a hospital stay to a nursing home rehab years ago, I always made it a point to find out what time each nurses station shifts ate lunch or dinner. I sent them pizzas twice during his months stay and not only was it greatly appreciated by them, but it also provided a better level of interaction with them, which I also hoped would translate to a more responsive level of care to my dad's needs. Particularly on the night shift when fewer RN's (1) were staffed and replaced with an LPN or two along with care aides.

I have been a nurse for, gulp, 43 years, and still practice. The simple verbal thank you or a card has been in my heart and memory bank all this time. For a gift, a simple pizza dinner sent in is always fun and appreciated. Regarding your complaint. This past year I have had multiple hospitalizations and surgeries. These alternated between 2 facilities. Both of them had numbers to call on the wall in front of me to call if I had a complaint. In addition, in both hospitals, the nurse manager came in, sat down and asked me what I thought of the care, and if I had concerns. I know rehab/nursing facilities are different animals. However, they all have directors/administrators. In addition, most states have QA contacts. Mention you want that number and if this ever happens again, you will get resolution. AND, good thoughts to you on your recovery! WG2

Hey WG2:

GLAD to "see" your voice again. I hope all is now well or at least sufficiently on the mend that you can rest easier.

Regards to our friend.

Archived