TV and Movie Theme Songs Of Our Youth

azdr0710
This topic is 2606 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Image only here...because WHICH theme do we sing along with? Ending with "...and the rest?" Or "the professor and Maryann"?

To this day when my brother and I sense a conversation getting controversial or turning to arguing one of us will sing "the weather started getting rough...."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vIbjXuOg7wU/Tz0bPoqNKxI/AAAAAAAAEds/32yWsX2SPdg/s1600/gilligan+island+title.jpeg

2001 was shown on TCM recently. I tuned in to watch the opening 'Dawn of Man' sequence. I don't know if it was the music or the apes and other animals, or a combination of the two, but my kitty was totally transfixed. Kubrick was a master at communicating on multiple levels.

Maude is another classic:

Great tv show as well. I was so excited when they released the entire series on DVD a couple years ago that I spent a long weekend binge watching the whole set. I was fortunate enough to see Bea's one woman show in 2003, funny lady.

Did the DVD include the abortion episode? It caused such an uproar at the time that it was never rerun and was excluded when the series went into syndication. I loved this series but missed that episode.

Did the DVD include the abortion episode? It caused such an uproar at the time that it was never rerun and was excluded when the series went into syndication. I loved this series but missed that episode.

Yes every episode is there. I was pretty young when Maude first premiered and the first few seasons were past my bedtime but my dad told me the CBS affiliate where we were refused to air it. It was Season one and they released Season one while Bea was still alive and it was the first time my parents got to see that episode.

I remember when I saw Bea's one woman show her talking about the controversy that episode caused as well as the one when they went to the gay bar. That was season five or six and Walter ordered an OJ from the bartender and got all these dirty looks from all the guys in the bar so it must have been around the time of the Anita Bryant OJ boycott.

I remember Bea saying in the premier episode of the Golden Girls Sophia called someone a douche bag and they edited that out so I'm surprised they did some of those topics in the 70s. Bea said that Maude was also the first series to deal with Alcoholism and when her and Vivian had their facelifts that also created an uprorar for some reason

Archived