Jolenne Slowed Down To 33-1/3

Gar1eth
This topic is 2751 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
p.s.: Queen Adreena is definitely NOT indicative of my music tastes ha!

Gasp! What's not to like?! I mean lyrics like these don't come around often:

In vein, I seek farther, the needle closer, the little end

The world is watching as I take my last breath

The world is watching as I get undressed

Coz I'm pretty like drugs

I load the gun

I wax and wane

Subject all of my pain

Onto you baby

Gasp! What's not to like?! I mean lyrics like these don't come around often:

In vein, I seek farther, the needle closer, the little end

The world is watching as I take my last breath

The world is watching as I get undressed

I load the gun

I wax and wane

Subject all of my pain

Onto you baby

Nice! I just watched the youtube video of this song, I think i'll go wash my ear and brains out with Bjork or Sufjan Stevens.

The Olivia Newton-John version is so kitschy! I'm a little tired of the "Miley can really sing" stuff. Maybe she can and maybe she can't, but modern country music production filters and tunes and processes vocals to the point where they no longer sound human. When I close my eyes and listen to track such as Miley's cover of "Jolene" it doesn't sound like a real person in a studio singing in front of a microphone.

The Olivia Newton-John version is so kitschy! I'm a little tired of the "Miley can really sing" stuff. Maybe she can and maybe she can't, but modern country music production filters and tunes and processes vocals to the point where they no longer sound human. When I close my eyes and listen to track such as Miley's cover of "Jolene" it doesn't sound like a real person in a studio singing in front of a microphone.

I actually need to check out ALL the covers on that link at some point ha! For me, the one that stands out is the one by Laura Marling and Mumford and Sons, I'd want to hear that version beside a campfire.

I actually don't mind the use of voice filters/vocoders, as long as a) it's not used to mask the fact the the singer can't sing for shit, and b) it's used spin an interesting way along with the entirety of the music arrangement production.

I actually don't mind the use of voice filters/vocoders, as long as a) it's not used to mask the fact the the singer can't sing for shit, and b) it's used spin an interesting way along with the entirety of the music arrangement production.

These days voice processing is used for normal voice production on normal songs to make everything sound absolutely perfect. It's gotten so that it doesn't matter whether a singer has a great voice or a good voice; they polish every track until they all have exactly the same shine. "Jolene" is a great example because it comes from an era when producers knew how to showcase great singers in the studio.

Just got to this thread, and I have to say the "male lover" version made me teary eyed. Absolutely haunting for all the reasons you all mentioned above. One thing I appreciate about this site is it isn't ALL about m/m physical love; we also discuss and portray the tenderness and caring that men feel for each other, as couples, and as groups, the spiritual love if you will. And of course the sadness when love goes wrong. I don't know of any other place to find this. Every day there is something here that makes me glad to be gay and to belong here. Somehow the pain and honesty in this slowed down version of "Jolene" said it all. Thank you @Gar1eth .

Every day there is something here that makes me glad to be gay and to belong here.
. I know what you mean although in my case I'm approaching from the other side. I find things here on the Forum that make me dislike being gay less.

Somehow the pain and honesty in this slowed down version of "Jolene" said it all.
. I mentioned before how it reminded me of someone like Dennis Day-with an Irish tenor voice. It also seems to remind me of a singer like Hank Williams.

Thank you @Gar1eth .

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii612/rexmaker/C7D60BD9-C0DA-42B5-AC1A-416B4E91BBB9_zpsaflqfivi.jpeg

Gman

And now the song that poses the eternal question "Is It Better To Be Safe Than Sorry?"

Gman

The vocal on this was hilarius, like they were sing through a tube, could not stop laughing!

How about some Journey with a bit more gravitas than usual?

Gman

End of the world remix.

• 1 month later...

Archived