Hunks with Pussies

Truereview
This topic is 2244 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things to consider when adopting a cat:

1. Never forget that although kittens are cute and cuddly, and they can be a never-ending bundle of energy.

2. For a single person living in an apartment or condominium, a retired couple, or a household without children or other pets, an older cat can be the perfect companion.

3. Older female cats are litter box trained, spayed, and happier to stay inside on the couch than to go outdoors.

4. If you live in a larger space and with children, it may be a better to adopt a young and energetic adult cat, rather than a kitten. While kittens are undeniably adorable, children have a tendency to play rough and, just like the kitten, have relatively short attention spans.

5. Senior citizens are often wonderful pet parents to older cats, especially if both the cat and the pet parent are around the same age and stage of life. For both the cat and the owner, it can be the perfect partnership that lasts the rest of their life.

6. In many cases, older cats that were raised in homes that had multiple pets, particularly other cats, will feel sad and depressed at the loss of companionship. If your home already includes an older cat, or even a young adult cat, it’s a good time to consider adopting an older cat because it’s more likely to adapt well to the situation.

Source: Pethub

A few things to consider when adopting a cat:

1. Never forget that although kittens are cute and cuddly, and they can be a never-ending bundle of energy.

2. For a single person living in an apartment or condominium, a retired couple, or a household without children or other pets, an older cat can be the perfect companion.

3. Older female cats are litter box trained, spayed, and happier to stay inside on the couch than to go outdoors.

4. If you live in a larger space and with children, it may be a better to adopt a young and energetic adult cat, rather than a kitten. While kittens are undeniably adorable, children have a tendency to play rough and, just like the kitten, have relatively short attention spans.

5. Senior citizens are often wonderful pet parents to older cats, especially if both the cat and the pet parent are around the same age and stage of life. For both the cat and the owner, it can be the perfect partnership that lasts the rest of their life.

6. In many cases, older cats that were raised in homes that had multiple pets, particularly other cats, will feel sad and depressed at the loss of companionship. If your home already includes an older cat, or even a young adult cat, it’s a good time to consider adopting an older cat because it’s more likely to adapt well to the situation.

Source: Pethub

With older cats, you can tell what their adult personality and behavior will be like when you adopt them. What you see is what you get, generally.

With kittens, it's not so easy. I lived with three kittens who were such firecrackers that we had to buy those plastic coils through which you insert electrical cords to prevent them from being chewed. They grew up to be the most inactive cats I know with the exception of occasional fights and chases. (Which used to be not so occasional until the moodiest cat went on Prozac at the vet's suggestion.)

With older cats, you can tell what their adult personality and behavior will be like when you adopt them. What you see is what you get, generally.

With kittens, it's not so easy. I lived with three kittens who were such firecrackers that we had to buy those plastic coils through which you insert electrical cords to prevent them from being chewed. They grew up to be the most inactive cats I know with the exception of occasional fights and chases. (Which used to be not so occasional until the moodiest cat went on Prozac at the vet's suggestion.)

I had to buy plastic coils for my electrical cords too, but it was for my puppy adoption. I thought she was just teething badly, turns out she had two rows of teeth: her adult teeth were coming in, but her puppy teeth were not falling off. I later found out that her previous owners surrendered her bc they couldn't afford the dental surgery. :( $600 later she is a lot better behaved, and I'm wiser about understanding that pet adoption (senior and young pets) required thoughtful budgeting, planning, and care.

Interestingly, my cat, whom I got as a kitty, has been an incredibly well-behaved cat. He does crave his tuna though...at 4am in the friggin' morning!