Evacuated Florida the day I herd about Matthew.

Brian Kevin
This topic is 2777 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

having been in Palm Coast/Flagler Beach; right on the beach. I could see in the waves, feel in the sky it was time to run. I took the next Amtrak home, took me 35 hours, but I'm safe in Cleveland. I urge anyone in the hurricane zone in Florida to run, too-- before tonight. Friends and family in NC and East of Atlanta have went west to stay in hotels, just to be safe.

Keep yourself safe, east coast!! Praying for you guys!

LONGEVITY !

having been in Palm Coast/Flagler Beach; right on the beach. I could see in the waves, feel in the sky it was time to run. I took the next Amtrak home, took me 35 hours, but I'm safe in Cleveland. I urge anyone in the hurricane zone in Florida to run, too-- before tonight. Friends and family in NC and East of Atlanta have went west to stay in hotels, just to be safe.

Keep yourself safe, east coast!! Praying for you guys!

LONGEVITY !

I'm glad you're safe and home! At least you can say you were blown out of Florida ;););)

I have relatives and clients in Orlando. So this is definitely something I'll be watching. I postponed my trip last month because the other hurricane was crossing my line of travel.

I lived in both Tampa and Miami, and other than the occasional tropical storms...haven't seen anything over a category 1 or 2 when I was there 20+ years.

However, I do recall in Tampa...a simple tropical storm with 50-60 mph was enough to uproot large oak trees and such and Florida tends to have a lot of flimsy constructed buildings which don't always hold up.

But yeah, @Brian Kevin...that's how I felt when I ended up in Florida during the Orlando shooting. Evacuate! And what's funny is...I had prophesied that because of what happened...I expected Florida would see a major hurricane this year. Not that I wanted it to happen...but, I still feel the state of Florida concocted that entire massacre, and the atmosphere has a way of behaving in suit...

Archived