Fascinating Brazilian apartment.

JamesK840
This topic is 7118 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6728324/?GT1=5936

More an architecture thing then a 'South of the Border' only posting, but this just caught my eye and damn it's impressive! A whole REVOLVING floor to yourself for $300k? That'll barely get me a condo in the Valley these days!

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041217/041217_whirl_vlrg_830a.vlarge.jpg

I wonder how the "front door" works... and where is Curitiba?

> I wonder how the "front door" works...

Probably in the middle, on a wraparound elevator foyer.

> and where is Curitiba?

It's out the living room window. No wait, now it's out the kitchen window. No wait.... :9

I'll bet time-lapse photography of that building with all the apartments turning could be cool.

Thanks for posting. I haven't seen anything about this fascinating building in the local Rio press, although I'm sure it must have appeared in local design and architecture magazines. This will be an eye-opener, I imagine, for a handful of posters here who are convinced that everything beyond the borders of the U.S. is backwards and inferior, and that South of the U.S.A. there are only shantytowns and favelas and people living in misery. . .

I did a little research on this magnificent looking building. Actually it is only the donut shaped part that revolves. The central core with the kitchen, baths, and utilities does not.

The rotation, A/C, lights, and other controls can be voice activated.

Also, the speed and direction are variable (up to one rotation/hour). Since there are different colored windows and the apartments rotate individually, the exterior of the building is always changing.

It is in a section of Curitiba called Ecoville where all building is suposed to be fairly green.

Thanks for finding this.

Dick

Guest ncm2169

< Sheesh, $20 will buy me a whole quart of rot gut booze, that will make my rectangular rental unit revolve and spin!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if you spent a little more, your attitude would improve. }( Better yet, find some weed. :+

Archived