Gene Wilder has died

Reluctant Daddy
This topic is 2839 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

His roles as Willy Wonka and Dr. FrankenSTEEN....are a big part of my childhood mythology.

His ability to be comical and dead serious in the same breath was pure genius.

I'm sad he's gone but nonetheless happy that Heaven has gotten a very large dose of Pure Imagination....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

I think Johnny Depp did a great job with CCF. He reinvented the character instead of just copying Gene Wilder. Of coarse the original is still the best by far.

I love him in blazing saddles, high anxiety , and all the Mel brooks films

+1

I first saw Blazing Saddles on a high school band trip. Imagine a room full of high school band geeks gathered to watch THAT movie. We were laughing so hard during the campfire scene someone called hotel security.

For the record...Gene Wilder had FOUR wives.

We all knew Gilda...the others?...not so much.

When and why did this become a competition?

RIP

Because Gilda's the only one who gets mentioned.

I can understand that why other wives, from whom he was divorced, aren't mentioned, but Karen Boyer, not Gilda Radner, is the person who saw Wilder through his final days and his struggles with Alzheimer's. That means something too.

I can understand that why other wives, from whom he was divorced, aren't mentioned, but Karen Boyer, not Gilda Radner, is the person who saw Wilder through his final days and his struggles with Alzheimer's. That means something too.

Boyer certainly merits not only mention, but our condolences and our appreciation for her own struggles in all of this.

BUT - Gilda was in the public eye, and she was as much of a comic genius as Wilder was. And she also suffered a tragic death, and a very untimely one as well. So it's only natural that she gets some of the attention.

RIP Mr. Wilder. You were the music maker, and you were the dreamer of dreams.

Archived