Check out the calendar from the Vatican

dick_nyc
This topic is 7114 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>With all due respect, I don't think this has something to do

>with the Vatican and doubt that the Pope has ever

>"consecrated" this calendar.

The odds are good that the guys in the calendar are merely attractive models paid to be photographed in vestments. The photographs are just to well done to be candid shots of some random priest walking to work. The photography and image quality is very good.

After several years of news about the nefarious activities of various priests here in the US, that is just to good to pass up.

--EBG

This calendar was out last year. Evidently it sold, because they're trying to recruit subjects for the next edition! The fact that the photography is professional doesn't mean the subjects are fake. Not everyone who goes into the Church is an old, ugly pedophile. Some are young, handsome and misguided. Or confused, imagining that being in the Church will be a cure for their feelings of attraction to the same sex. . .

This calendar caught my eye when I was in Rome earlier this year. The calendar was being sold everywhere in Rome, and based on the large volume that most stores had, they anticiapted selling a lot.

All of the subjuects are really priests.

I don't know enough Italian to understand what the point of this was. I kept thinking "What is the Vatican going for with this calendar?" Are they trying to attract women? gay men? young boys? I just don't get it.

However the subjects were all hot. They Church would probably make more money if they removed some of the vestments. Kind of do a French Rugby Team sort of thing.

If you'd like to see the photos in larger format (including some "hidden" (unlinked) ones), put the URL from the original post into your browser, and then change the number near the end from 15 to 01, 02, consecutively to 06. Put in 13 to see the press reaction from around the world, including the interesting headline from Basel (I believe), "The most beautiful boys of the Papacy--to have, but only as a calendar."

Enjoy.

woodli

Am I reading the same thing that every one else is? Where, in which of the several languages on this page, does it say that this is a "Vatican" ("sponsored" implied) calendar? Some marketing genius just recycled the old idea of using that which is forbidden to tantalize. Come on, guys, get real.

YOOOOOOOOWCH !!

Wow...yeah, I dont think this is sponsored by the Catholic Church let alone the Vatican:-)

I remember when I was a kid the Catholic Church in NYC had a real cool advertising/marketing campaign. They sent posters out that looked real cool and they said, "Come back home for Christmas" and then there was this saying about being away from home for a long time and how hard it was to go back, and gave a great invitation to go to Mass on Christmas.

Very cool

Archived