Hmmmm, Mary.......

philly cheese
This topic is 2861 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hon, @marylander1940, you could send Dario with the 4,193 Dad-day's reviews (4, 089 being yours) to get me.

Or should I say yinz could get me?

Admins of the Forum, who've slapped my typing hands before, probably appreciate you

Looks like you post many of the useless threads here.

Whoa! Ouch! Feeling another time-out!

with your charming personality...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/fd/5f/14/fd5f14212ffc60292d32cb762c971cb2.jpg

Wow. I'm seriously confused.

From Wikipedia:

"Yinz is a second-person plural pronoun used mainly in Western Pennsylvania including Pittsburgh, but it is also found throughout the Appalachians."

Marylander's map shows the equivalent figure of speech used in other areas of the country.

TruHart1 :cool:

From Wikipedia:

"Yinz is a second-person plural pronoun used mainly in Western Pennsylvania including Pittsburgh, but it is also found throughout the Appalachians."

Marylander's map shows the equivalent figure of speech used in other areas of the country.

I don't think he was confused about that, I'm almost sure he is confused about this thread; and he is right, because this thread should not exist.

I don't think he was confused about that, I'm almost sure he is confused about this thread; and he is right, because this thread should not exist.

Wow. I'm seriously confused.

Yes, but some folks can't help themselves and this thread proves their true colors.

http://quotes.lifehack.org/media/quotes/quote-Maya-Angelou-when-someone-shows-you-who-they-are-89681.png

This thread seems to exist because one member of the forum dislikes another forum contributor. He used "yinz" to sarcastically denigrate that contributor on this negative thread he created. IMHO.

What does yinz mean?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/writing/1707923-what-should-englishs-official-2nd-person-2.html

What Should English's Official 2nd Person Plural Be? (grammar, quote)

View Poll Results: Choose the best 2nd person plural

Y'all 6 40.00%

Yous 1 6.67%

Yinz 0 0%

Something else 8 53.33%

Comment from bs13690

What is "ungainly" about saying you all? The other three options (especially yinz) make the user sound like an ignorant idiot. I grew up using yinz (I'm from the Johnstown area) and I now cringe when I hear people use it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/writing/1707923-what-should-englishs-official-2nd-person-2.html

What Should English's Official 2nd Person Plural Be? (grammar, quote)

View Poll Results: Choose the best 2nd person plural

Y'all 6 40.00%

Yous 1 6.67%

Yinz 0 0%

Something else 8 53.33%

Comment from bs13690

What is "ungainly" about saying you all? The other three options (especially yinz) make the user sound like an ignorant idiot. I grew up using yinz (I'm from the Johnstown area) and I now cringe when I hear people use it.

I hope you don't have any regret about other things you did when you were young.

I was raised by "Pittsburghese" parents.

7b85fce5e3c693bbe90c011074228155.jpg

yes, Cheesy guy and MikeBottomDude hate me...

#sensitive guys.

I hesitate to post anything in this thread, but please don't say I "hate". Really, it's offensive to me, and not called for albeit with some mutual bashing going on...I don't hate people.

I hesitate to post anything in this thread, but please don't say I "hate". Really, it's offensive to me, and not called for albeit with some mutual bashing going on...I don't hate people.

yet, you had to post anyways.

First of all don't tell me what to say or what not to say, your actions don't match your words.

Check your previous postings. If I say the sky is blue, you say it isn't, and it all started because I offended you because I don't like BP... I'm sorry!

Don't you mean "I believe yinz misread my post" Oh crap, I waded into this thread:eek:

Yinz is for more than one person.

Archived