A question for "Playgirl" magazine enthusiasts??

carlos45
This topic is 2883 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When my sister was in college at the University of Texas, she lived in a dorm where two rooms shared a bathroom between them. They pinned up Playgirl Centerfolds in their bathroom. I remember being very happy at the age of 13 or 14 when I had a call of nature and got to use their facilities. ;)

Gman

Originally the case, but in later years there were many erections printed.

In the early years Playgirl sought out their own models. Sometimes you'd see a semi-erection or sometimes harder if the guy's dick had a downward curve. A few of the early pics looked almost full boned if the guy was on his back and his dick could lie flat on his abdomen. As time went on Playgirl was just buying photosets from the same photographers who did spreads for the gay magazines. By that time the names and backstories were fictional.

In the early years Playgirl sought out their own models. Sometimes you'd see a semi-erection or sometimes harder if the guy's dick had a downward curve. A few of the early pics looked almost full boned if the guy was on his back and his dick could lie flat on his abdomen. As time went on Playgirl was just buying photosets from the same photographers who did spreads for the gay magazines. By that time the names and backstories were fictional.

Why do I have a vague memory that Burt Reynolds was their first centerfold in Issue #1. I remember my mother and sister buying that issue-or my sister buying and showing it to my mom.

On another note-years ago when I was away at school, my Dad ordered a Playboy subscription in my name because he didn't want Playboy being delivered to our house in his name. :p

Gman

Per The National Enquirer:

WAS ZONKERED!'

Burt Reynolds’ ‘Playgirl’ Pin-Up — The Naked Truth

The '70s star has a few regrets!

http://2.gravatar.com/avatar/24399de577a35bb008327e75da473905?s=150&d=identicon&r=g

By J.R. Taylor

Apr 9, 2016 @ 9:40AM

http://i2.wp.com/www.nationalenquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/burt-reynolds-splash.jpg?zoom=3&resize=374%2C210

Splash News

Frail Burt Reynolds is coming clean with the naked truth about the scandalous nude centerfold picture he posed for in 1972 — he’s ashamed of it!

“It was really stupid. I don’t know what I was thinking,” the ailing former stud, 80, said. “I really wish I hadn’t done that. I really do.”

The iconic snap for Playgirl magazine showed a furry-chested Burt smoking a cigarette and lounging on an equally furry rug.

PHOTOS: Crippled Burt Reynolds Has To Lean On Trans Am In Sales Pitch!

“As long as it was only a certain amount of pubic hair showing, I was all for it,” he recalled.

“The only rules I had was I wanted a lot drinks before,” Burt explained of doing the now-famous shoot at the age of 36 —just before his film “Deliverance” hit theaters.

“I have to be truthful, I was totally zonkered when we did the picture,” he admitted.

“That stupid smile, that’s what it is.”

Celebrity Death Watch: The Stars Fighting To Make It Through 2016!

But even though Burt said he regrets his sexy pose now, he was initially “flattered and intrigued” when he was approached to do the shoot — according to his 2015 memoir “But Enough About Me.”

http://ugc.reveliststatic.com/gen/constrain/800/800/100/2016/02/10/14/2g/bt/phtvmgz3ok2qbwe.jpg

Gman

On further research apparently Lyle Waggoner was the centerfold in issue #1. Gosh I loved him. I would have watched the Carol Burnett Show without him. But he made it extra special. I still want him.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aH-_fNQZlmo/UbTQP63T4VI/AAAAAAAARGQ/0pfDY8aJilM/s280/LyleWaggoner-PG0673-12.JPG

Gman

• 2 weeks later...

Archived