Real life SHITuation-- What would you do???

Brian Kevin
This topic is 2879 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

youre at a bar, on the phone with your mother outside enjoying The breeze. Next thing you know a 95 lb 20 something gay-man throws a 75 lbs 30something to the ground, she bounces off her head and her whole purse spills out. 30 people around you. NO ONE helps her..... What do you do???

I. WHOOPED. THAT. ASS. I got in multiple punches in then he grabbed my neck in a lock, similar to a chokehold and had me about a minute from passing out. The only person who tried to help was the lady bleeding from her head. I bit, I scratched, I grabbed his dick and balls and squeezed and twisted -- he kept yelling "harder, harder that's all you got? I'm going to kill you faggot!!" I yelled at her to back off, with one last burst of energy I pick the boy up by his knees and slam him back first into the concrete. My knees broke my fall. I proceeded to punch him in the face sitting on his waist, until he calmed down. I held him down by his shoulders and put my knee into his stomach to hold him down. I told him to stop and to calm the fuck down. He did and we waited for the police to show up with him restrained. The police came and he was arrested the lady went to the ER and I walked home to the Sheraton hotel! Thinking, crying.... Wondering why no one helped the lady. What would of happend if I wasn't here?? Would she of been beaten to death while 30 people watched?

I'm a non-violent and happy person, but I will not watch women be hurt by a man. Ever. Never!

I hope if you see something, maybe don't fight, but protect the women. Call the police, get a beer bottle and knock him out.

Being 6ft6 and 220+ lbs has advantages, the lady, before leaving in the ambulance, insisted she gives me a hug and kiss. She wasn't even drunk, neither was I. I had been chatting with her for over 2 hours, we were both there by ourselves trying to vibe and have fun. There was never a reason as to why she was thrown to the floor. The 20 something boy, seemingly snapped. Maybe drugs? Super drunk? Drugs and liquor? I'll never know or ever go back to that messy fucking place.

Columbus, OH do NOT go to Boscoe's on the south side. Terrible that the owners, bar tenders and bar backs were apart of the 30 something group of people just watching.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Proud of you big fella. You're a credit to us all. Hugs

I posted a 10 minute video on Facebook begging my friends and family to stop the violence. I was almost a year clean and sober from fist fighting. This was not how I wanted things to go, but so be it.

I know I did the right thing. I am tempted to upload the video to YouTube and share it here. It's very personal, at the end I was second away from all out crying. it is blowing up on Facebook. I also begged for foregivness for fighting lol.

I had alot of rage growing up--for very justifiable reasons I won't go into here--which made me a bit of bully sometimes. I grew out of it and learned how to discipline my emotions and my mind. It isn't always perfect. Sometimes I slip up. Seeing someone smaller, older, or female being physically attacked is one of those triggers that will pretty much always result in a slip up. About 15 years ago, at a sports bar with coworkers, I saw an obviously drunk guy full-on punch a woman. Yes, they were both drinking and yes she was cussing at him, but I was across that bar like I'd teleported. By the time the bouncer pulled me off, I'd broken his arm as I fought to keep him restrained and he fought me. Once the police arrived, I learned they were "regulars" and both were mean drunks. He got physical and she verbal. Abusive relationships, especially codependent ones are always sad.

I posted a 10 minute video on Facebook begging my friends and family to stop the violence. I was almost a year clean and sober from fist fighting. This was not how I wanted things to go, but so be it.

I know I did the right thing. I am tempted to upload the video to YouTube and share it here. It's very personal, at the end I was second away from all out crying. it is blowing up on Facebook. I also begged for foregivness for fighting lol.

@Brian Kevin, that wasn't fighting. What you did was defend someone under assault. Yes, it was physical and yes you probably hurt him, but you saved her from serious hospitalization or worse. There is nothing to forgive in what you did and you should be proud that you're human enough to step up when you see someone who needs help.

@LivingnLA we have a lot in common just from that one post. Pleasure to meet you my new friend. Thanks for your story and your support.

@beachboy you've always been a shoulder for me, thanks beach boy I appricate you very much !

Life's a journey. Sometimes through rough patches. How we maneuver in and through such situations reflects poorly or well on us. All of this reflects well on you. Thanks for the kind words. I'd be happy to meet you in person and buy ya a drink any time. :cool:

youre at a bar, on the phone with your mother outside enjoying The breeze. Next thing you know a 95 lb 20 something gay-man throws a 75 lbs 30something to the ground, she bounces off her head and her whole purse spills out. 30 people around you. NO ONE helps her..... What do you do???

I. WHOOPED. THAT. ASS. I got in multiple punches in then he grabbed my neck in a lock, similar to a chokehold and had me about a minute from passing out. The only person who tried to help was the lady bleeding from her head. I bit, I scratched, I grabbed his dick and balls and squeezed and twisted -- he kept yelling "harder, harder that's all you got? I'm going to kill you faggot!!" I yelled at her to back off, with one last burst of energy I pick the boy up by his knees and slam him back first into the concrete. My knees broke my fall. I proceeded to punch him in the face sitting on his waist, until he calmed down. I held him down by his shoulders and put my knee into his stomach to hold him down. I told him to stop and to calm the fuck down. He did and we waited for the police to show up with him restrained. The police came and he was arrested the lady went to the ER and I walked home to the Sheraton hotel! Thinking, crying.... Wondering why no one helped the lady. What would of happend if I wasn't here?? Would she of been beaten to death while 30 people watched?

I'm a non-violent and happy person, but I will not watch women be hurt by a man. Ever. Never!

I hope if you see something, maybe don't fight, but protect the women. Call the police, get a beer bottle and knock him out.

Being 6ft6 and 220+ lbs has advantages, the lady, before leaving in the ambulance, insisted she gives me a hug and kiss. She wasn't even drunk, neither was I. I had been chatting with her for over 2 hours, we were both there by ourselves trying to vibe and have fun. There was never a reason as to why she was thrown to the floor. The 20 something boy, seemingly snapped. Maybe drugs? Super drunk? Drugs and liquor? I'll never know or ever go back to that messy fucking place.

Columbus, OH do NOT go to Boscoe's on the south side. Terrible that the owners, bar tenders and bar backs were apart of the 30 something group of people just watching.

Very Sad that the Barstaff Did not react to protect a customer -- Sadder that no one joined to help you or the women.

A few years ago I was arriving in NYC from Penn Station for a Matinee and Xmas Shopping -- As I got to the taxi stand a women about 50 tripped fell and her purse and packages went flying -- in 2 seconds 3 people had grabbed her stuff and fled -- No one stepped forward to help her until I did and screamed at the two taxi capts - GET HER PURSE! Call the Cops!

Now Penn Station has its own Police Detail and it still took 15 minutes for anyone to respond.

Chivalry Is Not Dead -- It just needs a good kick in the ass at times. BRAVO SIR KEVIN of the Good!!!!!!

Life's a journey. Sometimes through rough patches. How we maneuver in and through such situations reflects poorly or well on us. All of this reflects well on you. Thanks for the kind words. I'd be happy to meet you in person and buy ya a drink any time. :cool:

Ypu but the drinks, I'll buy dinner ;)

You are a heroe and there is nothing I can add to what is already said. Answering to your question, I am not sure what I would have done. I know I would have not stayed watching. I have never been physically engaged in a fight in my 53 years of live, so I think I would not have jumped on the guy but I am not sure. I have been surprised at my own reactions when facing somebody being mistreated in public, but my interventions have always been verbal and the situations I was reacting to were not that violent.

You are a brave romantic chevalier, my friend. I bend out of respect and admiration.

Oh, and I'm sure you've heard of "herd" behavior or "mob mentality" but that's likely what was behind everyone just standing there. It is surprising though that your "break" with the herd didn't spur others to action.

http://www.thinklikeahorse.org/index-33.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_psychology

http://www.drwendyjames.com/the-psychology-of-mob-mentality-and-violence/

I just received footage of the fight. It was recorded by multiple people. It's quite scary... If your my friend on Facebook you can see it. I didn't think I had that in me. The video is shaken, you see the women go flying hit the floor, I pick her up, then me charge like a tank. Took my breath away to watch.

@Brian Kevin

From saving the woman from a grease fire back in January-

to this latest incident- You'll always be the hero.

~ Boomer ~

I hurt the same thumb I burnt severely. That was a terrible time on my life. Had it not been for multiple forum users, I'd of not healed or had proper medical supplies. That was the day I gave my heart and soul to this forum. You guys are my shoulder, you all listen (speak once and listen twice) for what this website is for, it runs so much better. Thank you to all of you for being the best person you can both here and in the real world.

I'm no hero, I just can't stand by and watch. I have to help. I have too.

Defender of women, sleeps with men, you can kick my ass anytime, Brian! You keep this forum alive with threads the rest of us could only dream about. I don't see Phoenix on your itinerary!

Peace my friend,

Kipp

Brian,

I read your thread and passed along the question to my brother-in-law, who is a former cop. This is what he said. What you did was extremely reckless and needlessly stupid on your part. Not only did you escalate the situation, but you ran the risk of injuring yourself, the woman, and the other man who was involved. For all you know, the man had a gun (or perhaps a friend did), who saw you "whoop his ass" and might have decided to defend him, or retaliate against you or the woman in the parking lot. You ran and still run the risk of being arrested for assault and battery. You also run the risk of being sued by the man for an injury that might have happened to him during your fight. While you say no one "got involved," it might be that no one got involved because they were afraid of you. If you are called into court, a judge will want to know why you engaged this man and didn't call the cops or try to restrain him. They will be impartial to your "heroism" and you can rely on the fact that you will get ten different stories from ten different witnesses.

I have read your posts in the past and see you as a young and immature kid. You are also a hothead and it would not hurt to talk to a counselor about this kind of behavior. I know that everyone on this thread will disagree with me and come running to your aid. Listen to me and consider that this sort of behavior can get you into real and expensive trouble.

Brian,

I read your thread and passed along the question to my brother-in-law, who is a former cop. This is what he said. What you did was extremely reckless and needlessly stupid on your part. Not only did you escalate the situation, but you ran the risk of injuring yourself, the woman, and the other man who was involved. For all you know, the man had a gun (or perhaps a friend did), who saw you "whoop his ass" and might have decided to defend him, or retaliate against you or the woman in the parking lot. You ran and still run the risk of being arrested for assault and battery. You also run the risk of being sued by the man for an injury that might have happened to him during your fight. While you say no one "got involved," it might be that no one got involved because they were afraid of you. If you are called into court, a judge will want to know why you engaged this man and didn't call the cops or try to restrain him. They will be impartial to your "heroism" and you can rely on the fact that you will get ten different stories from ten different witnesses.

I have read your posts in the past and see you as a young and immature kid. You are also a hothead and it would not hurt to talk to a counselor about this kind of behavior. I know that everyone on this thread will disagree with me and come running to your aid. Listen to me and consider that this sort of behavior can get you into real and expensive trouble.

I actually think you make some very valid points here. But if you want your addressee to listen, if you actually want to help him, I think you should word your message differently.

I agree with @latbear4blk's comment to @YoungAD. Yes, while YAD is technically correct, speaking like a condescending entitled person is precisely the wrong way to deliver such a message.

@Brian Kevin, you would do well to read YAD's post and think about lining up potential witnesses. Also, write-down everything you remember and make sure those videos you have are in safe places. You may indeed need evidence if charges are brought or you're sued.

I agree with @latbear4blk's comment to @YoungAD. Yes, while YAD is technically correct, speaking like a condescending entitled person is precisely the wrong way to deliver such a message.

@Brian Kevin, you would do well to read YAD's post and think about lining up potential witnesses. Also, write-down everything you remember and make sure those videos you have are in safe places. You may indeed need evidence if charges are brought or you're sued.

I just read another post by YounAD responding to Mocha in another thread, equally aggressive. I don't remember him, maybe we are dealing here with one of our adorable trolls? I'm not sure.

Archived