Favorite butt workout

WolfRamNHard
This topic is 2853 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not if you do it right...;)

I like to stick my butt out a little, arch my back, stick my chest out, and hold my head up. Kinda like you are walking down a catwalk..or like the now famous "Bend and snap"...

"It'll make you feel good"

This kind of reminds me of Al Bundy shopping... :)

These are the best exercises that in my experience will yield a strong, high, round, perfectly sculpted ass. Some of these exercises are for size, some are for lifting separating and toning. Some can be performed for both purposes depending on how you do them.

Squats, slow, aligned, all the way down.

Lunges, aligned, front knee doesn't go further than 90 degrees. Back leg either perfectly straight or knee touches the floor. Either walking lunges, lunges at the squat rack or at the pull up machine. (My favourites) I would avoid jumping lunges as keeping proper control of your knee and alignment is really hard and you can hurt yourself very easy.

Leg press. All the way down, knees aligned, feet as high as you can, very slow, pushing up with your butt.

Single leg pulley standing, pulling back. Straight leg, slow, heavy.

Adductor machine focusing on your glutes.

Deadlifts. Proper form.

Leg curl.

StairMaster. As high level as you can, high intensity intervals. A minute to the max, then jump off and bounce in a squat position for a minute. Repeat five times. (If you can.)

Squat jumps. Alternate full range of movement squat jump and bouncing on squatting position. Gradually increase until you can do three sets of 2 minutes of continuous jumping and bouncing. Take care of your alignment and your knees.

Most people ignore working out their butt and legs because they think it is not necessary. Sadly this is very wrong. A strong base will keep the rest of the body strong and aligned, preventing back and neck problems. Strong legs and ass will be very hungry metabolically speaking, so if you have a big, muscular ass and legs, your body will transform your fat into food. Building muscle is one of the most reliable and healthy ways to lose fat, and building your legs and ass will be the biggest muscles you can grow for that purpose.

AND... you'll have an incredible ass. It's hard work, but I've heard it's worth every second.

Juan - thank you for the comprehensive and thoughtful reply. Very helpful!

Op

Not if you do it right...;)

I like to stick my butt out a little, arch my back, stick my chest out, and hold my head up. Kinda like you are walking down a catwalk..or like the now famous "Bend and snap"...

"It'll make you feel good"

So, a hamster with attitude?

• 2 weeks later...
So I was on a date with this 25 y/o Danish guy that I met last weekend at one of the local dance clubs, and out of the blue he asks me to twerk for him! I thought maybe he was joking or it was a language thing, but he was being serious:eek:. I just laughed and said no.

But that got me seriously thinking about how to improve my butt workout regimen. Besides running, all I do right now for butt exercise is glute bridge -

GluteBridges-Side-021316.gif

But I would love to get ideas on how to mix it up, or any other tips and suggestions. What do you all like to do for your butt workout?

I would recommend fisting or Rocco Steal if you want to take your but workouts to new places;)

Agreed, it caught me by surprise too! But now I think that maybe Northern Europeans are just incredibly forward in some ways.

Or maybe he's just forward himself.

I've met at least one person who was an octopus, who didn't care about whether he was offending anybody by being indiscreet. And he was American.

Archived