Secrets in Orlando - some Dead/injured still in closet

oceansunshine
This topic is 2819 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This post is about painful feelings and damaged/scared community in Orlando and huge innocent people loss there (and other gay related killings anywhere). This is however not a post about politics (DEM, REP or IND) nor about guns or politics in anyway.

This is simply about family and those we can't bring back. And so many of the hurt or now gone sooo young.

Some of the those hurt or killed at Pulse went as their remote home/refuge as a they were trying to learn to accept themselves, dealing with family, learned religion (many christian, catholic, muslim, etc.) family beliefs, etc.

Gay friendly clubs were important for me and I'd suspect most of us baby boomers to learn how to accept ourselves, also realize we are not alone, and realize everyone in the world has differences therefore we are "normal" too.

This all comes up because of this surprising sensitive set of articles in the Wall Street Journal, These links below cover articles about the additional shock by some families over the injured/killed love ones being outed and fear feelings many hurt or present still have that were related in different ways to the tragedy at Pulse.

It also shows rays of sunshine by statements made by family members of these young people, who say they would have had fully supported their love ones had they known sooner. If so things in that regard are getting better.

The Wall Street Journal URL link:

http://on.wsj.com/28LN1p5

and then:

http://www.wsj.com/video/aliases-in-orlando-gay-scene-made-iding-victims-harder/AA04BF72-8C9A-4608-91FD-A5ECDB588CC2.html?mod=trending_now_video_5

plus:

http://www.wsj.com/video/orlando-shooting-jawons-story/3DF1EC93-46A1-474C-B524-CCF8BA5B5365.html

All links above worth reading/listening too.

It is a 9/11 and JFK November 22, 1963 impacted day for me.

I feel very sad and still in a ill sick way......I also sense I'm not the only one that feels this way.

May we all support each other.

Doug

This post is about painful feelings and damaged/scared community in Orlando and huge innocent people loss there (and other gay related killings anywhere). This is however not a post about politics (DEM, REP or IND) nor about guns or politics in anyway.

This is simply about family and those we can't bring back. And so many of the hurt or now gone sooo young.

Some of the those hurt or killed at Pulse went as their remote home/refuge as a they were trying to learn to accept themselves, dealing with family, learned religion (many christian, catholic, muslim, etc.) family beliefs, etc.

Gay friendly clubs were important for me and I'd suspect most of us baby boomers to learn how to accept ourselves, also realize we are not alone, and realize everyone in the world has differences therefore we are "normal" too.

This all comes up because of this surprising sensitive set of articles in the Wall Street Journal, These links below cover articles about the additional shock by some families over the injured/killed love ones being outed and fear feelings many hurt or present still have that were related in different ways to the tragedy at Pulse.

It also shows rays of sunshine by statements made by family members of these young people, who say they would have had fully supported their love ones had they known sooner. If so things in that regard are getting better.

The Wall Street Journal URL link:

http://on.wsj.com/28LN1p5

and then:

http://www.wsj.com/video/aliases-in-orlando-gay-scene-made-iding-victims-harder/AA04BF72-8C9A-4608-91FD-A5ECDB588CC2.html?mod=trending_now_video_5

plus:

http://www.wsj.com/video/orlando-shooting-jawons-story/3DF1EC93-46A1-474C-B524-CCF8BA5B5365.html

All links above worth reading/listening too.

It is a 9/11 and JFK November 22, 1963 impacted day for me.

I feel very sad and still in a ill sick way......I also sense I'm not the only one that feels this way.

May we all support each other.

Doug

+1

Kudos to you for the post...

Sometimes, a tragedy can have a silver lining. Perhaps this one will teach people to be more accepting so as to mitigate the need for their loved ones to keep secrets.

**EDIT**

I also hope this tragedy will encourage people to take the leap of faith, be open with their loved ones, and give them the chance to be accepting.

“A lot of kids will simply say ‘I live in two worlds. I go out dancing with my boyfriend and I go home to Kissimmee, where we just don’t discuss it,’ ” he said.

Ramos spoke at a vigil Wednesday night at the Joy Metropolitan Community Church, an inclusive faith group. He shared his interpretation on a moment he witnessed while watching TV coverage of the shooting. In footage of clubgoers carrying the wounded and dead away for help, he noticed one young man duck when he looked at the TV camera.

“He ducked because mami don’t know that I’m gay. I’m hiding here because papi doesn’t know. Because nobody know,” Ramos said. “I’m telling you, that is a horror.
To be on the down low is a horrible oppression.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article84606237.html#storylink=cpy

As is often the case when whackos do the unthinkable, the result is often the opposite of what they intend. The result of this tragedy is an outpouring of support and sympathy for the gay community, even from traditional foes (such as the Lieutenant Governor of Utah). As for their still being in the closet--not anymore.

Did anyone see the recent Telemundo interview with the Latino guy that came forward to claim he was the lover of the Orlando shooter for 2-3 months prior to the incident ?

He claims the motive was "pure hatred" of Latino Gays, since the shooter had found out that a latino guy he had tricked with previous was HIV +, and had not told him. He believed Gay latinos were BAD people and did bad things, and needed to PAY for that.... The shooting was calculated, planned and intentional.... according to this informant.

Interesting, but Not unbelievable.....

• 2 months later...

Pastor Ken Adkins, who infamously said the victims of Orlando’s Pulse nightclub shooting got “what they deserve,” was arrested Friday on a charge of child molestation, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

#ANjaxBREAKING: Controversial #Brunswick pastor Ken Adkins arrested for alleged child molestation, per #GBI. pic.twitter.com/BPzShmeZuU

— Russell Colburn (@RussellANjax) August 26, 2016

According to The Florida Times Union, the arrest stems from allegations made by a young male former member of his congregation. Special Agent Stacy Carson said the investigation is focused on suspected molestation in several locations in the Brunswick, Georgia area, including at Adkins’ church, a vehicle and a victim’s home.

Pastor Ken Adkins, who infamously said the victims of Orlando’s Pulse nightclub shooting got “what they deserve,” was arrested Friday on a charge of child molestation, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

#ANjaxBREAKING: Controversial #Brunswick pastor Ken Adkins arrested for alleged child molestation, per #GBI. pic.twitter.com/BPzShmeZuU

— Russell Colburn (@RussellANjax) August 26, 2016

According to The Florida Times Union, the arrest stems from allegations made by a young male former member of his congregation. Special Agent Stacy Carson said the investigation is focused on suspected molestation in several locations in the Brunswick, Georgia area, including at Adkins’ church, a vehicle and a victim’s home.

One can only hope that the Pastor gets what he deserves. Jail time. Significant mental anguish and desolation might also be part of his package of just desserts. Child molesters do not generally do well in prison. One may hope that the pastor keeps to that trend.

Archived