Fun at IML 2016

WmClarke
This topic is 2928 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the press release. For some reason I could not get the accompanying photo of the winners to post as it was "forbidden"! Hopefully shortly more photos of the event will be available from the powers that be.

Here is the link to the original article with the photo of Mr. IML on the left and Mr. Bootblack on the right:

http://chicago.gopride.com/news/article.cfm/articleid/76337824

David 'Tigger' Bailey wins International Mr. Leather 2016

Chicago, IL — David "Tigger" Bailey, Mr. New Jersey Leather 2016, was named International Mr. Leather 2016 at the 38th annual IML Competition in Chicago Sunday, May 29.

Over 2,000 leather enthusiasts packed The Harris Theatre for the annual competition where Bailey became the 38th person to claim the coveted leather title.

Bailey bested a field of 60 contestants from 25 states and seven countries, including the competition's first competitor from Israel. Participants were judged on stage presence and personality ("pecs and personality"), leather image, presentation skills, and physical appearance.

Todd Harris, Mr. Chicago Leather 2016, was named 1st runner-up, and 2nd runner-up was Adam "Pup Vino" Henderson, Mr. Midwest Leather 2015.

Erick Joseph from Anchorage was named International Mr. Bootblack 2016.

International Mr. Leather 2016, including the Leather Market (11 a.m. - 4 p.m.), continues through Monday, May 30, at the Congress Plaza Hotel, 520 S Michigan Ave.

The official IML 2016 closing event, Black and Blue Ball, begins at 9 p.m. Monday at Sound-Bar, 226 W Ontario. DJ/Producer Tom Stephan (Superchumbo, U.K.) is the headliner along with Chicago's legendary DJ Milty Evans and fresh up and coming DJ Alex Cabot.

IML draw nearly 17,000 visitors to downtown Chicago every Memorial Day weekend, according to organizers.

The cyber gods are having some fun with us. The image in my post appears on my screen ... and it appears in the quote box of your reply ... and it appears a third time in your subsequent ("one more try") post.

Apparently it's not showing up for LookingAround either.

I am currently on a hard-wired desktop PC.

Well I'm on WiFi... And I tried different browsers as well... IE, Chrome, Safari... ZIP, ZERO, NADA!!!! I recall a similar problem when @Tonyko posted a pic of Tristan B a few months ago and some were able to see it and others could not. Then suddenly the cyber gods got their act together!

...I recall a similar problem when @Tonyko posted a pic of Tristan B a few months ago and some were able to see it and others could not. Then suddenly the cyber gods got their act together!

Well ... TB ... the gods were probably just keeping that image for their own enjoyment for a while ...

Well I'm on WiFi... And I tried different browsers as well... IE, Chrome, Safari... ZIP, ZERO, NADA!!!! I recall a similar problem when @Tonyko posted a pic of Tristan B a few months ago and some were able to see it and others could not. Then suddenly the cyber gods got their act together!

Yes, its was THIS one :-) (with my boots on the floor behind him lol)

*of course NOW it NOT work again and everyone will kvetch :-) It's LARGE btw so may take time to appear???

http://s19.postimg.org/f4mgziz0z/TB_Jord.jpg

Yes, its was THIS one :) (with my boots on the floor behind him lol)

*of course NOW it NOT work again and everyone will kvetch :) It's LARGE btw so may take time to appear???

http://s19.postimg.org/f4mgziz0z/TB_Jord.jpg

LOL! Thanks Tony B! I knew that would get you out of hiding... and allow us to check it out one more time. Plus you got the unshaven version which is always a nice surprise and something that not all of us get to experience as most of the time he shaves due to his dancing schedule!

Oh, and by the way the pic is coming in loud and clear on my iPad via a wireless connection!

LOL! Thanks Tony B! I knew that would get you out of hiding... and allow us to check it out one more time. Plus you got the unshaven version which is always a nice surprise and something that not all of us get to experience as most of the time he shaves due to his dancing schedule!

Oh, and by the way the pic is coming in loud and clear on my iPad via a wireless connection!

LOL HAVEN'T been hiding just "re-thinking". I live in one of the most exciting cities on the globe the world is outside my door and my hair (including pubes) is still brown, so ima thinking there's PLENTY of time in the future to devote the inordinate amount of hours on message boards that I was spending :-) So lately I've just been lurking and posting only IF something REALLY sung to me OR pissed me off lol. *NADA against those who DO spend a lot'a time here and look forward to it ea day etc etc whateva' brings you joy you should do :-) I just been finding my "elsewhere" thaz all :-)

SO PLS ENJOY SOME FROM MANY MOONS AGO I TOOK OF MY BUD LAR, WHO SOME OF YOU MORE "DISTINGUISHED" GUYS MAY RECOGNIZE.

http://s19.postimg.org/ry9rz2gyb/image.jpg

LOL HAVEN'T been hiding just "re-thinking". I live in one of the most exciting cities on the globe the world is outside my door and my hair (including pubes) is still brown, so ima thinking there's PLENTY of time in the future to devote the inordinate amount of hours on message boards that I was spending :) So lately I've just been lurking and posting only IF something REALLY sung to me OR pissed me off lol. *NADA against those who DO spend a lot'a time here and look forward to it ea day etc etc whateva' brings you joy you should do :) I just been finding my "elsewhere" thaz all :)

SO PLS ENJOY SOME FROM MANY MOONS AGO I TOOK OF MY BUD LAR, WHO SOME OF YOU MORE "DISTINGUISHED" GUYS MAY RECOGNIZE.

http://s19.postimg.org/ry9rz2gyb/image.jpg

It's Logan Reed.

~ Boomer ~

It's Logan Reed.

~ Boomer ~

YES thank you lol!! Been so long his real name I of course remember but his stage name went outta my head! I remember I shot this set when I arranged for us to pose for the same photographer in late 90's (I was not a model like him btw lol) but the photographer was an older man and a friend (not euphemism "friend" a real one :-) who I would let shoot me just for himself not for publication and in exchange he taught me the ropes and allowed me to take my own photos when he shot as well. *meanwhile re "just for himself" well I HAVE seen a few pop up online thru the years, but thankfully not many :-)

Archived