Love triumphs in the end

WmClarke
This topic is 2943 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED that things happen for a Reason, and WHAT SHOULD BE....IS.....

In life, you cant always choose your family, and often family are not the people that love and support you. Choose your own path and make yourself Happy... Luckily these brothers had a bond that couldn't be broken, even by the hatred of their parents. If parents cant love their children "unconditionally" they are not meant to be parents, nor should they be afforded the love of such. Those assholes need to be written-off.

You have to go to school, pass tests and get a license to put polish on a stranger's fingernails, but any asshole can be a parent. Go figure!

Perhaps you would prefer laws that prevent certain people from becoming parents. Wonder who would decide who could and could not be parents. Wonder how gay men, lesbians, and people of color would fare.

Perhaps you would prefer laws that prevent certain people from becoming parents. Wonder who would decide who could and could not be parents. Wonder how gay men, lesbians, and people of color would fare.

Or what tests would be administered and how it's possible to tell in advance who would be a good parent and who wouldn't. We can reasonably test for competence and knowledge in professions like beautician and pilot. Harder to do for parenting.

I wasnt suggesting a course of action. It was just a rueful comment born out of the frustration of 40 years of teaching and watching children sometimes treated badly by their parents. I know there couldn't be a test to see who would be a good parent or a law deciding the issue. And if there was, skin color and sexual orientation wouldn't be on my list of criteria. I was bemoaning the fact that we control, or try to control so many lesser aspects of life, but cannot control many of the major ones. I'm sorry I upset any one. Mea culpa.

That's always the catch when someone suggests regulating something. Who does the regulating? It rarely ends up being someone I would trust.

Or what tests would be administered and how it's possible to tell in advance who would be a good parent and who wouldn't. We can reasonably test for competence and knowledge in professions like beautician and pilot. Harder to do for parenting.

When I young, I often thought several uncles and aunt would be better parents. But then my father died when I was 16 and my brother was 10.

I really under estimated my mom, who did not graduate from high school. She did without, while insisting my brother and I have jobs at least ever summer and during the school, if possible. My brother graduated college. Me too, plus grad school. (My dad graduated college.)

When she became too old to take care of her own money, I was amazed at how frugal was without letting us now.

Now I am very, very glad for the parents I had.

Is there a video that shows the reunion? I searched Youtube, but couldn't find anything, and the picture they use for the article is for an unrelated video. Curious...

The article was mostly cobbled together from the original posts in Reddit, so I'm not surprised the photo isn't genuine.

The man has not yet posted any pictures on Reddit and said he is trying to convince his brother to let him post a pic.

The article was mostly cobbled together from the original posts in Reddit, so I'm not surprised the photo isn't genuine.

The man has not yet posted any pictures on Reddit and said he is trying to convince his brother to let him post a pic.

Thanks WmClarke...Still a great story.

Archived