Lacerations to the Foreskin (and another medical issue) - Grrr am I a dummY! hehe ;o) Advice.

guptasa1
This topic is 7175 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey all,

So I regularly shave my genitals, and while I've nicked my balls before, this is the first time I've nicked my penis (cuz I was hurrying, which was admittedly not too bright). Got a little cut on the left side maybe half an inch below the head on the foreskin section (I'm cut, but I mean the loose skin part). It's not too severe fortunately (quite small and linear), and I used some liquid bandaid stuff. Not bleeding or anything - just a little sore.

Now my question. Does anyone know how long something like this will take to heal, and also if it will leave a scar/tough area? Anything I can do to foster healing a bit faster/better? I know this isn't a major thing, but it's annoying. Looks like I won't be masturbating for a day or two. LOL.

On an unrelated note, I also have what appears to be a rough area near the base of my penis that's a little risen and sore. I'm pretty sure it's not STD related and actually am having it checked out soon (probably an ingrown hair or something), but since I'm asking about the cut, thought I may ask well ask about this too.

I know this is a bit of a random post, but hope it's okay here. LOL. Thanks!

Don't know about the liquid bandage stuff but I'm sure that easier than trying to use a traditional cloth/plastic bandage.

To help minimize scars I usually apply Vitamin E oil 2-3 times per day for a week. I doubt, however, that would penetrate the liquid bandage. But, after that's removed, I'd really recommend Vitamin E or Aleovera (sp?).

Looks a little better than this morning now that the liquid bandage has worn off and I can see the wound a little better. It's actually even smaller than I first thought, so hopefully it'll heal up just fine. I don't have any E creams, but I applied some Neosporin and might have some aloe stuff around. (I also take E orally). Thanks for the tip - might consider some E if it isn't mostly healed soon.

>Looks a little better than this morning now that the liquid

>bandage has worn off and I can see the wound a little better.

Why not post a picture for us?

>It's actually even smaller than I first thought, so hopefully

>it'll heal up just fine.

The nick, you mean, right? Yes, I'm sure that's what you meant.

Not sure how helpful a bandage (liquid or otherwise) would be on such a "nick." The main thing to worry about is infection, so a dab of antibiotic cream or ointment (like Neosporin) is exactly the thing. Just reapply until it's clearly healing. Unless it's a very large or deep cut there's little likelihood of having any visible scar.

The rough, scaly patch could be any number of things. You could try applying a dab of hydrocortisone cream for a few days. If that doesn't work, you could also try some antifungal cream. Of course, if you're really worried, ask your doctor!!! ;)

Happy healing!

Thanks for the great tips all.

A little too shy to post a picture to answer that question. =oP

It appears to be healing nicely. Used some Neosporin the other night, and I also got some moisturizer with both aloe and E in it, so I should be covered. Just annoying til it's fully healed now. LOL.

I had the other spot checked, and sure enough that was from an ingrown hair and should be fine too.

Thanks for everything.

Archived