Netflix tv shows

mmk123
This topic is 2951 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just got Netflix about a month under a free trial and am going to keep it for a few months. I was not aware how many original shows that Netflix produces. So far I have watched the following

Grace and Frankie-LOVED IT!!!! Jane and Lily are fantastic. I know some of the reviews are mixed but I thought it was great and am anxious for season 2 to start in a few weeks

Sensitive Skin- I thought this was incredible. It stars Kim Cattrall in a very un-Samantha like role as a middle aged woman who is dealing with life changes with her husband. (It is based on British series of the same name that starred Joanna Lumley.) Only 6 episodes were made but there is a second season on the way. Definitely worth watching.

So what other shows can everyone recommend?

I too just got Netflix a few months ago. Agree about Grace and Frankie. I binge watched that. Thanks for the suggestions about Sensitive Skin and House of Cards. I also finally watched all the episodes of Queer as Folk. Some of the movies are good too. Very much liked Big Eden, Stranger by the Lake, 4 Moons, and Eastern Boys. Runners up were Pit Stop, Bear City, August and Aleksandr's Price. Wish they had a better selection of movies, and would very much like it if they would incorporate some web series into their inventory. Lately, just catching up on all the old episodes of Frasier. Orange is the New Black is on my "to watch" list too.

I started House Of Cards this weekend and I'm hooked! I'm looking forward to Grace & Frankie season 2 and crossing my fingers for a '9 to 5' reunion if Dolly Parton makes her cameo.

Everyone will tell you to watch Orange is The New Black but in my opinion, season 1 was the only good season.

Making A Murderer is a great documentary series.

Other great shows are Narcos, Jessica Jones, Master Of None, and Sense8

If you like sci fi, + 1 on sens8 plus Black Mirror and Residue. If you like based loosely on history & cinematographic stuff, Marco Polo is really easy on the eyes. I also liked Ripper Street. Pure escapism: hemlock grove - with the youngest of the Skarsgård family as a vampire type of creature. I was also a big fan of The Killing and I believe it is on Netflix - worth watching if you haven't.

• 2 months later...

Marvel Agents of SHIELD has some great eye candy, especially seasons 2 and 3 (no nudity but just about every male actor is SUPER cute). The story lines are decent, not stellar but not bad either ... although I fully admit to being so distracted by the pretty faces at times, that I can't keep up with the plot and end up having to rewind and rewatch :p

I just got Netflix about a month under a free trial and am going to keep it for a few months. I was not aware how many original shows that Netflix produces. So far I have watched the following

Grace and Frankie-LOVED IT!!!! Jane and Lily are fantastic. I know some of the reviews are mixed but I thought it was great and am anxious for season 2 to start in a few weeks

Sensitive Skin- I thought this was incredible. It stars Kim Cattrall in a very un-Samantha like role as a middle aged woman who is dealing with life changes with her husband. (It is based on British series of the same name that starred Joanna Lumley.) Only 6 episodes were made but there is a second season on the way. Definitely worth watching.

So what other shows can everyone recommend?

Garfunkel and Oates - must see TV in my book - comedy folk duo who write hilarious songs - the show is about their lives and what situations make them write the songs

Portlandia - Sleater-Kinney meets SNL - it's very dry humor but I like it

Girlmore Girls - I've only watched the entire series about 9 times and can't recommend it enough

Archived