Missing Threads

stop
This topic is 2976 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is it just me or do threads seem to be disappearing left and right of late? Earlier today I read and responded to a post about Adele, but its gone now. Last week there was a thread about an issue with a Miami pro. There have been a few others that seem to be gone now. Did settings get changed that anybody can delete a thread? I know sometimes threads will get locked down if they got contentious but I don't recall threads actually being deleted. Was I just not paying attention before or has this changed?

meaning the admins can remove them or anybody can? Like who removed the Adele thread from this AM and why?

The most effective way to get this question answered it to go to the source: the admins. You can start a "conversation" or post in the "Tech Talk" forum and ask an admin to answer your question that way. Given that general members are not admins, any information provided will be speculation or opinion, which probably will not address your question.

Is it just me or do threads seem to be disappearing left and right of late?

If certain peeps dont approve of them, poof, they are gone.

Meaning the admins can remove them or anybody can?

In addition to the administrators, the person who started the thread has the ability to delete it. I don't believe there's any time limit; I think you can do it even after a thread of yours is weeks or months old. If you look at the top right of the screen ON A THREAD THAT YOU CREATED, you will see "Thread Tools," which has a drop-down box that gives you the option of deleting your thread.

In addition to the administrators, the person who started the thread has the ability to delete it. I don't believe there's any time limit; I think you can do it even after a thread of yours is weeks or months old. If you look at the top right of the screen ON A THREAD THAT YOU CREATED, you will see "Thread Tools," which has a drop-down box that gives you the option of deleting your thread.

My drop down boxes only allow for Title editing, not deletion. But that could account for the thread not being recognizable by its former title, and drawing the conclusion that it is Gone.

The most effective way to get this question answered it to go to the source: the admins. You can start a "conversation" or post in the "Tech Talk" forum and ask an admin to answer your question that way. Given that general members are not admins, any information provided will be speculation or opinion, which probably will not address your question.

I didn't realize this was a super secret issue, I assumed it was something the board would know. If it is super secret that only the admins are supposed to know about then there is no need for me to know I was just curious after seeing a bunch disappear in a short period of time.

Moondance, thanks this actually answers my question, I suspect a few of these were deleted by the original poster, i appreciate the answer.

My drop down boxes only allow for Title editing, not deletion. But that could account for the thread not being recognizable by its former title, and drawing the conclusion that it is Gone.

What was that about your BOX? Did you say your BOX is gone? my that sounds like a personal problem

Not sure I understand the particular circumstance you are describing, jjk, but, generally, as long as you are SIGNED IN and are the THREAD STARTER, you will have the options of either editing the title or deleting the thread.

Moondance, thanks this actually answers my question, I suspect a few of these were deleted by the original poster, I appreciate the answer.

Happy to help. I've sometimes wondered why threads that have become embarrassments for an OP are not deleted. I guess it's because not everyone is aware of the option. (Or maybe because not everyone knows when they ought to be embarrassed???)

I just checked on threads I have created, yesterday and about six months ago, and in both cases the 'Thread Tools' dropdown menu gave me the option of deleting the thread.

I hear what ya'll are saying, but what I am seeing for my own threads is that the dropdown box Thread tools only gives me the option to Edit. So there may be some other setting somewhere that's prohibiting me from Deleting, or maybe the Mods like my threads sooooooooo much, they don't ever want them to be deleted ? NOT !

But that's OK, I've grown personally attached to every one of my posts so I don't want to delete them... They are here to inspire the world :p:p:p

I just checked on threads I have created, yesterday and about six months ago, and in both cases the 'Thread Tools' dropdown menu gave me the option of deleting the thread.

I hear what ya'll are saying, but what I am seeing for my own threads is that the dropdown box Thread tools only gives me the option to Edit. So there may be some other setting somewhere that's prohibiting me from Deleting,

I'm seeing the same thing that jj is seeing. In the 'Thread Tools' dropdown box I only have the option to 'edit', or is some threads 'add a poll'

I am aware that you can delete a post at anytime regardless of the time frame, but I was under the impression the threads could only be deleted by admin.

I'm seeing the same thing that jj is seeing. In the 'Thread Tools' dropdown box I only have the option to 'edit', or is some threads 'add a poll'

I am aware that you can delete a post at anytime regardless of the time frame, but I was under the impression the threads could only be deleted by admin.

Sistahs, Sistahs......

http://gazelle.cdn.yolocare.com.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/84/2014/10/yolo-730x350-7.jpg

Archived