American Idol

stop
This topic is 2975 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I find myself a bit sad by the end of Idol. I haven't watched the show in probably 6 seasons but I watched the first 6 religiously. Tonight they were showing a retrospective of the show on Fox and I was reminded how much I enjoyed the show and just how invested I became in the show when it first came on. All things must come to an end, but it is a little sad this part is ending.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've enjoyed the show over the years, and it has produced some awesome talented stars.... I think THIS years final 3 are especially Strong. While its almost a lock that LaPorshia will take the win, I am partial to Trent.....

And Dalton is just one sexy Twink... I am certain we will see other shows of this genre following in its footsteps. We still have The Voice, and that show is awesome....

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/86d548f7c2fbc9c91a46dcd4eca98dfa4a9125d6/c=0-224-2995-2476&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2016/04/01/JacksonMS/JacksonMS/635950949640960281-MB2-7571-hires2.jpg

I believe LaPortia has the best voice but I expect Trent to win. Cute boys and men tend to win on this show. Therefore, I would not be shocked to see Dalton as the final winner, though he is clearly the one with the weakest voice. He does have some interpretative skills.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/8d76c540fbc0239409c39b4ef7a0c9f0db74962b/c=0-11-3960-2988&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2016/03/22/JacksonMS/JacksonMS/635942413643329814-americanIdol.jpg

http://content.tegna-media.com/photo/2016/03/25/1280_trent_harmon_laporsha_renea_AI160324_1156906_ver1.0.jpg

OOPS, soo sorry jeepo

its ok...i usually watch on DVR the next day so I would have seen it on my FB or Hollywood reporter feed...no big deal...its not like you told me who got eliminated on project runway all stars

It was a reality show that has introduced a wide variety of talent over its 15 year run. I think the final show did a nice job of bringing home that point by filling two hours with music from those many talented people that won and others who are out there succeeding at some lesser level. Superstars in music are few. Stars multiply that. People making a living from singing multiply that by a bit more. Most of the people that sung tonight have had records on the charts, some have won Grammy's and some are still looking for the big break as they make music as part of their life and career. In that regard, the fact that you felt the show went on and on is probably true because they had just that much talent they wanted to thank. Granted JLo could have had the grace to cut her time hogging number, but it was entertaining and it does strike me that JLo MUST be the Queen at all times.

Although I had forgotten who many of the people they brought back were, it was a well done and Nostalgic show. But where the hell was Adam Lambert ???

William Hung took his final She-Bang, but Sanjaya was just a seat filler.... Surely, they could have given him a bit more to do ? And, he kinda looked Hot !

J Lo shuts it down !!!!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/08/03/32F3BEB200000578-0-image-m-7_1460081649368.jpg

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/lopez-fin3/jennifer-lopez-american-idol-finale-performance-03.jpg

I agree that JLo delivered a fun and showstopper performance. I thought Jennifer Hudson (with the diva white train & short dress - woot, woot!) delivered impeccable singing - wish she would have sung longer. I cringed for Kelly Clarkson thinking she may give birth on that stage. I'm still impressed by how well the female talent has done (add Carrie Underwood to that list- though her last song was odd to me). I hope LaPortia rises, at least, to a Jennifer Hudson type of level. Trent, to me, was a bit more versatile than LaPortia and deserved to win. By the way, that Ace Young just gets better looking by the day - I remember him humping my head in the opening number of Hair...I came back for more but the biatch chose different audience members :mad:

I agree that JLo delivered a fun and showstopper performance. I thought Jennifer Hudson (with the diva white train & short dress - woot, woot!) delivered impeccable singing - wish she would have sung longer. I cringed for Kelly Clarkson thinking she may give birth on that stage. I'm still impressed by how well the female talent has done (add Carrie Underwood to that list- though her last song was odd to me). I hope LaPortia rises, at least, to a Jennifer Hudson type of level. Trent, to me, was a bit more versatile than LaPortia and deserved to win. By the way, that Ace Young just gets better looking by the day - I remember him humping my head in the opening number of Hair...I came back for more but the biatch chose different audience members :mad:

Trudy, you must have dozed off ? Kelly wasn't there live.... It was a taped performance from a few weeks ago when she was judge.... Or did you go to the kitchen to get your Metamucil when they announced it ?

Trudy, you must have dozed off ? Kelly wasn't there live.... It was a taped performance from a few weeks ago when she was judge.... Or did you go to the kitchen to get your Metamucil when they announced it ?

Lol, touché! I was actually getting my 3rd martini so I could ready myself to shake it to " I ain't yo mamma!"

Lots of excitement around my area. Trent's farm is a few miles down the road from us. He made front page of the local paper and they are planning a big homecoming celebration. It's like the second coming of Elvis.!

I am envious, u may even get to touch the hand of an "Idol God" ? I voted for him although I do think LaPorsha was fabulous and will turn out to be the next Jennifer Hudson.

I grew up watching this show but I'm glad its over and heres why.

Even though I wanted Trent to win, even if laporsha was better she still wouldn't have won. The last 9 winners, 8 of them have been white males. The only reason a girl won in season 12 was bc they rigged it. The top 5 in that season were all female so theres no way a female wouldn't have won.

I strongly believe if kelly clarkson or carrie underwood were in the competition today they will not win because the ones who vote on the show are young girls and young girls are going to vote for any cute boy. Laporsha cried on the finale night, harry asked her a question about who was she here for and she said her baby, laporsha sang last and laporsha had kelly clarkson wanting her to win and she still lost. But hey at least trent deserved it. I can't say anything about the other 8 males who have won straight in a row.

Kris Allen and Lee Dewyze (Why ?) Looking back, some of the winners baffle me. Candace Glover won in one of the most lackluster seasons... Jordin sparks was not great when she won... And Taylor hicks was good, but WHY a winner ? The biggest radical change had to be Bo Bice, who lost to Carrie. I didn't even recognize him, but he looked Hot and mature....

I grew up watching the Canadian counterpart but was too young to remember much of it. Poor show was cancelled before I started taking Ahn interest..

Congratz to Trent thought!

Some of the best idol scenes come from versions outside the US...some have ahn usual crop of talent. Happy weekend, atom!

I agree that the competition is skewed toward males. i thought Laportia might not make it to the top 2 as that Rapatoni kid was so damn cute that it was hard to believe that the girls were not voting for him in droves. I think if you polled the music industry, Trent would be considered the more versatile product and LaPortia would be the more talented singer. I hope we see a lot of Pitbull feat. LaPortia; Nikki Minaj feat. LAPortia and off course some one has to be the modern day Martha Wash. Would love to hear her do a full out "EVERYBODY DANCE NOW" Sweat Sweat Sweat.

Lots of excitement around my area. Trent's farm is a few miles down the road from us. He made front page of the local paper and they are planning a big homecoming celebration. It's like the second coming of Elvis.!
Seems like a very nice and humble young man. He was a waiter at his family farm restaurant. Get a subdued, accepts gentlemen callers vibe from him. Would love to try and make him hit a high note.

I agree that the competition is skewed toward males. i thought Laportia might not make it to the top 2 as that Rapatoni kid was so damn cute that it was hard to believe that the girls were not voting for him in droves. I think if you polled the music industry, Trent would be considered the more versatile product and LaPortia would be the more talented singer. I hope we see a lot of Pitbull feat. LaPortia; Nikki Minaj feat. LAPortia and off course some one has to be the modern day Martha Wash. Would love to hear her do a full out "EVERYBODY DANCE NOW" Sweat Sweat Sweat.

I read an article recently that there is a gender/location bias with the singing shows. The majority are men from the south and the article was making the argument that the reason is that women are more often to vote than men for these types of shows and young male singers appeal to both girls and grandmas. Also it argued that the "rural" south was more apt to vote than the "urban" north and they tended to prefer the male singers. I think the percentage was like 60% of the winners on Idol were from the "south".

It also seems that other than Carrie Underwood, who was a rarity, none of the winners since Kelly have had any real success as a Singer superstar. Sure some have had careers on Broadway and had a hit or two, but the 2nd and 3rd place contestants seem to do better. I think it may have to do with the contracts they are locked into. Look at the success Adam and Daughtry have had. I know a few people that think Daughtry won.

I stopped watching part way through the abomination that was the Ellen season. She destroyed the show for me, partially because I can't stomach her and partially because I was annoyed they had a non music person on the show who was trying to be "funny" I have watched the past few episodes and have to say the current panel while very different from the original feel of the show had really great chemistry together. But the shows felt very rushed and too much was going on...performing, getting booted, getting saved all in one episode didn't really resonate with me.

The Judges this season were/are a BORE. I wasnt a fan of how It was more about Self Promotion of the Judges rather than Focusing on the Talent I.E "And here to perform her new Single...JLO!" every other week etc etc.

Simon and Paula made that show what It was...Randy was Replaceable.

And lets not forget the biggest Casting Fail for a Singing competition... giphy.gif

Archived