American Idol

stop
This topic is 2975 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Judges this season were/are a BORE. I wasnt a fan of how It was more about Self Promotion of the Judges rather than Focusing on the Talent I.E "And here to perform her new Single...JLO!" every other week etc etc.

Simon and Paula made that show what It was...Randy was Replaceable.

And lets not forget the biggest Casting Fail for a Singing competition... giphy.gif

Jock, let's be fair here. On paper, Britney is a brilliant choice for judge, but some people just cant function outside of their manufactured character. It was realized by the producers and she got the boot, ... Oops she never did it again :p

I disagree about the latter judges... I thought they has chemistry together, and any celebrity will take a gig for self-promotion. Its part of the package. Even on The Voice, which for me is a much higher caliber of singing show, the judges self-promote. It may not be appealing to all viewers, but its part of what they ARE there for. And lets face it, I watched to see what J Lo wore each week. (I AM that shallow)

Jock, let's be fair here. On paper, Britney is a brilliant choice for judge, but some people just cant function outside of their manufactured character. It was realized by the producers and she got the boot, ... Oops she never did it again :p

I disagree about the latter judges... I thought they has chemistry together, and any celebrity will take a gig for self-promotion. Its part of the package. Even on The Voice, which for me is a much higher caliber of singing show, the judges self-promote. It may not be appealing to all viewers, but its part of what they ARE there for. And lets face it, I watched to see what J Lo wore each week. (I AM that shallow)

I don't know that she was that bad. While her presence on the live shows was not the best, the X-factor, the show she was on, was as much about mentoring the singers as it was about judging. The four people on the panel were there to guide their contestants and "produce" the performances each week. They had input in the song choices, clothing, performance etc. (similar to what the Voice later did). I think she struggled when it got to the live shows because I think she is shyer than most people realize.

I still think the biggest casting fail was Ellen....she is absolutely the worst both as a judge and as a boss to her own staff.....I don't get how people like her so much especially considering just how awful she treats her staff and interns.

I still think the biggest casting fail was Ellen....she is absolutely the worst both as a judge and as a boss to her own staff.....I don't get how people like her so much especially considering just how awful she treats her staff and interns.

Really!? I never heard anything bad about Ellen. Sounds like You have some Insider Info. Do Tell;)

http://45.media.tumblr.com/e4cde01d116acc496594487684740e04/tumblr_nip7laqudv1r8jjn6o2_250.gif

Really!? I never heard anything bad about Ellen. Sounds like You have some Insider Info. Do Tell;)

http://45.media.tumblr.com/e4cde01d116acc496594487684740e04/tumblr_nip7laqudv1r8jjn6o2_250.gif

I like Ellen "on HER show", but otherwise, a lot of the time I find her silly and overbearing....

There have been lots of stories about her backstage behavior. Speaking from 2nd hand experience, I did not personally witness by from friends that have worked there she is not a very nice woman. One of her rules is when she is in a hallway everybody else needs to vacate. I know that sounds silly but think about how much work the crew does in the halls in prep for the show. When you are a grip or working on equipment and she decides to waltz down a hallway you are prepping equipment on they would have stop leave, and then come back and basically start all over. If you didn't leave she would shout things like don't you know who i am etc.. Same ole crazy stuff you hear about some other people, but there are just as many really great people in the business that have shows that aren't like that at all....

There have been lots of stories about her backstage behavior. Speaking from 2nd had experience, I did not personally witness by from friends that have worked there she is not a very nice woman. One of her rules is when she is in a hallway everybody else needs to vacate. I know that sounds silly but think about how much work the crew does in the halls in prep for the show. When you are a grip or working on equipment and she decides to waltz down a hallway you are prepping equipment on they would have stop leave, and then come back and basically start all over. If you didn't leave she would shout things like don't you know who i am etc.. Same ole crazy stuff you hear about some other people, but there are just as many really great people in the business that have shows that aren't like that at all....

Well it sure seems her "public" image supercedes her private one.... It took a lot for people to start believing the shit about Bill Cosby. YES of course that's criminal shit and Ellen aint no criminal but the idea is the same regarding public image....

Well it sure seems her "public" image supercedes her private one.... It took a lot for people to start believing the shit about Bill Cosby. YES of course that's criminal shit and Ellen aint no criminal but the idea is the same regarding public image....

you are so right...i think Ellen is just a diva....she has a really huge fan base but it is funny you get two completely different story's from people that see her show, they either come away loving her or come away disliking her.

You just don't know with people. I met Marilu Henner years ago in Chicago, At the time, I adored her, tI hought she was fantastic on Taxi and I had always read she was this brilliant woman. She interviewed me and a friend of mine for a Today show bit in 85 and she was like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. On camera she was sweet as pie, but when the red light was off she was the biggest CU*T I think I have ever seen in my entire life. Over two very minor things she ordered the segment producer to fire the sound guy and a gopher. The gopher she screamed at the top of her lungs at and the guy started crying. It was insane, because like seconds later the camera starts rolling so she could do the pre-commercial promo and it was like nothing had happened. My friend and I were looking at each other like what the fuck...I think she sensed we were uneasy and when it broke to commercial she turned to us and asked if we had a problem? both of us were so afraid to say anything we just sort of nodded our heads we were ok. She does her interview of us, they break away again and she starts chasing down the gopher that she just screamed at and started up again yelling at him. It was totally insane...

I never really got into the show, but I watched most of the 2nd to last show because it was playing in the executive lounge at the hotel where I was staying. The woman seemed to me the only one with talent, although I only had one show to judge the last three. She may have a career. The winner didn't seem good enough to sustain a career, in my opinion.

Archived