Cirque du Soleil - Paramour

Will Do
This topic is 2651 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...

saw it on Tues. Ordered tickets in Oct so had great seats. but.... a bit of a mess. some great moments - but over all it si disjointed and not a successful marriage of a "show" and Cirque elements. At times they hit it right and have focus and the combo works very well - like the opening of 2nd act. there are wonderful moments - like the hunky blond twins flying through the air and over the audience a little (typical great Cirque acts) and other pieces but disappointed having spend about $110 a ticket. wish i could report it was great and a recommend but...sadly no.

• 8 months later...

Saw the Broadway High-Flying Musical: Cirque du Soleil Paramour at the Lyric Theatre on 42nd St. It's one of those shows you just sit back and enjoy. Having seen many of the Cirque du Soleil performances under the big tent in Montreal, I was curious to see how this would work on a Broadway Stage. Well, it worked for me as I was thoroughly entertained.

It's a simple love triangle story that comes alive with some of the most breathtaking and creative acrobatic acts. Enjoyed the dance numbers from Cleopatra and Calamity Jane, however, the twin brothers aerial act was most artistic and creative. I was hoping they'd repeat it in the 2nd Act. Many more memorable performances worth mentioning and I'm happy I got to see it.

Tickets are easy to get. Mine was from TDF. The theatre wasn't crowded and the usher invited us to take any seat we wanted.

Perhaps this isn't the best show on Broadway but it's far from the worst. I too found it entertaining and thought the two leads, Ruby Lewis and Ryan Vona were quite good. I enjoyed the acrobatics and the two blond twins twirling overhead were worth the price of admission.

Archived