Tiny tribute and remembrance of my special buddy...

Tygerscent
This topic is 2998 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

(Well, many people's buddy...)

In light of St. Paddy's day... I can't help but think of BossGuy~

...thinking and honoring his gentle heart, patience, inner strength, community support and wicked sense of humour and wisdom~

Miss you Bill~

Never forget you, Bill~

...and love you and offering Thanks for amazing life experiences shared~

Tyger~

tygerkink@yahoo.com

Guest countryboywny

He truly was one of a kind. He spoke his mind, had a quick wit and all with gentle grace and humility. Just a wonderful, wonderful man.

I had to edit this post to add a little story about Bill. We met the first time at one of the DC Forum Lunch events. We had been PM'ing here for a while, but this was our first face-to-face meeting. We were chatting and yukking it up and the conversation turned to our ethnicities and the fact that he was a true Boston Irishman. So I asked him if he had ever seen the movie "Blazing Saddles" which was a Mel Brooks film from back in the 70's. He responded that he hadn't. There is a scene in the movie where the townsfolk were under attack my the Governer's hench men. So, the town's people were building a defense to save their town and the leader of the migrant railroad workers offered the help of the workers if they would get a plot of land to homestead in exchange. **PC ALERT** The response from the town was (I am using less offensive racial slurs than the movie) "OK, we'll take the blacks and the asians, but NOT the irish!" Bill, spit out his beer and we laughed so hard we could barely breathe. A treasured memory.

Archived