Fifty years at Lincoln Center

wisconsinguy
This topic is 3009 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On May 7, there will be a gala event in recognition of the Met being held at the Lincoln Center for fifty years. The list of performers is extensive as well as outstanding. Anyone planning to attend? Doesn't look like tickets have gone on sale yet, but I would believe it will be standing room only!

The original opening night of the Met at Lincoln Center was broadcast on radio. I remember listening to it. Lady Bird Johnson was interviewed, and she said those dreadful chandeliers were "marvelous!" It was the only time I ever heard Samuel Barber's Antony and Cleopatra, which had been commissioned for the occasion.

On May 7, there will be a gala event in recognition of the Met being held at the Lincoln Center for fifty years. The list of performers is extensive as well as outstanding. Anyone planning to attend? Doesn't look like tickets have gone on sale yet, but I would believe it will be standing room only!

The 50th anniversary gala is being held on May 7th, 2017, in case that wasn't clear. Also, the Philharmonic played Lincoln Center for a couple years before the MET arrived.

Archived