Mississippi Roast. ... What?

jackjackjack
This topic is 3043 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Let's see now. My post this morning was about guns, so let's go a different direction, shall we.....haha.

I know this isn't the Martha Stewart Forum.... although I bet Daddy's a pretty good cook.... and I know we all love to talk about sex... but since this recipe has gone viral lately, I'm trying it today. Some people think great food is better than sex.... have to think about that. Anyway, if the NY Times loves it, we'll.... Mississippi Roast. If you've tried it and didn't like it, don't tell us till tomorrow, please. I want to judge for myself.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017937-mississippi-roast.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn Jack^3 thanks for sharing. I was planning on making a slow cooked roast on Sunday because it's going to be crap weather wise here. Looks like I'll be trying this now.

I hope we get the rain tomorrow that they say. Although I'm doing my Mississippi today, tomorrow sounds like a perfect to do it. If it turns out to be not a very good recipe, you can complain to me. My number is (213) 555 5555. ;)

http://www.seattletimes.com/life/food-drink/mississippi-roast-recipes-twisted-road-to-culinary-fame/

Interesing history of the recepie and how it came to be called Mississippi Roast

Ripley is about an hour north of us. It's just a crockpot roast with ranch dressing, so I guess we'd just call it a roast around here. Leave it to the snooties from up north to label it something fancy. Maybe if I label my chicken salad or my sweet potato casserole as "Mississippi somethingorother" I might have a retail explosion!...lol. We do know our food down here, y'all! lol.

Ripley is about an hour north of us. It's just a crockpot roast with ranch dressing, so I guess we'd just call it a roast around here. Leave it to the snooties from up north to label it something fancy. Maybe if I label my chicken salad or my sweet potato casserole as "Mississippi somethingorother" I might have a retail explosion!...lol. We do know our food down here, y'all! lol.

Wow "Mississippi somethingorother" sounds great. Is it possum? Is it chicken? Is it even an animal? Lol so many possibilities.

I want some of your Mississippi somethingorother too......and I'll have a second helping too....if you're serving. ;) I have an old recipe book....maybe from the 40s or 50s....put together from older women from Tennessee. Some terrific recipes!!

I want some of your Mississippi somethingorother too......and I'll have a second helping too....if you're serving. ;) I have an old recipe book....maybe from the 40s or 50s....put together from older women from Tennessee. Some terrific recipes!!

Well, you just say the word and I'll be your chef!! Any day!

Let's see now. My post this morning was about guns, so let's go a different direction, shall we.....haha.

I know this isn't the Martha Stewart Forum.... although I bet Daddy's a pretty good cook.... and I know we all love to talk about sex... but since this recipe has gone viral lately, I'm trying it today. Some people think great food is better than sex.... have to think about that. Anyway, if the NY Times loves it, we'll.... Mississippi Roast. If you've tried it and didn't like it, don't tell us till tomorrow, please. I want to judge for myself.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017937-mississippi-roast.

I am a private cook and currently prepare the evening meal for two families. I also saw this in the Times today. I have put it on my maybe list so I'll be interested in hearing your review.

I don't mean to be forward or crass.....but I think your food would taste so much better, if you cooked stark naked.....well, I would supply an apron....very short apron. It would give it that extra flavor. ;)

I bet it would be even better if he put a little cream in the food.

I'd like to be around for that "explosion"

Archived