Mississippi Roast. ... What?

jackjackjack
This topic is 3043 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This actually reminds me of one of my first experiences after coming out when I was in P'town at a leather bar there. I bought and packed a bunch of new gear, ready for a sexually charged experience with older, more experienced hot guys. Learning from them was really exciting and finally being able to do it without paranoia was exhilarating. I made a few friends and even felt like I was finally attractive, albeit in an awkward inexperienced way. I was trying hard to look the part, mind you. What ended up happening though was that all these butch, masculine guys standing around this bar, smoking cigars and looking tough ended up swapping recipes for over an hour. It was simultaneously surreal, comical, and strangely exciting. Needless to say, I was hooked...and picked up some good tips in the kitchen!! LOL.

My friend used to own Bayside Betsy's in P town.

Ha! I only have kosher salt in my pantry.!

I have a horrible confession to make. Probably never told anybody before. In a recipe, I can't tell the difference between kosher salt, sea salt, Himalayan pink salt, Morton salt or Safeway Signature salt selling for 23 cents a box. There, it's out! I feel better now.

I have a horrible confession to make. Probably never told anybody before. In a recipe, I can't tell the difference between kosher salt, sea salt, Himalayan pink salt, Morton salt or Safeway Signature salt selling for 23 cents a box. There, it's out! I feel better now.

Nor can I.

Hugs,

Greg

Whenever you can use sea salt or kosher salt. they actually contain less sodium per measure than morton/safeway salt. The crystals are bigger so a teaspoon of the sea salt or kosher contains less per volume. As a professional cook I prefer to use kosher salt as I can see it when I add it to whatever I am preparing. If you do lots of baking, than you may wish to use Morton/safeway salt. I am not a baker but a savory cook, so I prefer the former. Baking is more of a chemical formula while savory cooking is more "freelance"

This actually reminds me of one of my first experiences after coming out when I was in P'town at a leather bar there. I bought and packed a bunch of new gear, ready for a sexually charged experience with older, more experienced hot guys. Learning from them was really exciting and finally being able to do it without paranoia was exhilarating. I made a few friends and even felt like I was finally attractive, albeit in an awkward inexperienced way. I was trying hard to look the part, mind you. What ended up happening though was that all these butch, masculine guys standing around this bar, smoking cigars and looking tough ended up swapping recipes for over an hour. It was simultaneously surreal, comical, and strangely exciting. Needless to say, I was hooked...and picked up some good tips in the kitchen!! LOL.

Back in my days in NYC circa. 1980, I had a good friend named Rob who was a formidable, barrel chested, bearded, tattooed leather bear. (He once dressed me up and took me to the Mine Shaft for my first time there, but that is another story.) Rob and his lover Dave had spent a Sunday afternoon in NYC shopping. On their way home to Jersey City, they decided to stop by The Spike (I think that was what it was called--leather bar on the West Village waterfront.) for burgers and Bloody Marys. About a block from the bar, they stopped dead, and Rob said, "Dave, we can't walk into the Spike carrying MACY'S BAGS!!!"

I've had mine in for about 3 1/2 hours....just going to let it do its thing, see what happens. But I was thinking if too much liquid, boil it down, make a sauce. We'll see.

How did yours turn out? I just turned mine off, going to eat it tomorrow after cooking it down some more.

Back in my days in NYC circa. 1980, I had a good friend named Rob who was a formidable, barrel chested, bearded, tattooed leather bear. (He once dressed me up and took me to the Mine Shaft for my first time there, but that is another story.) Rob and his lover Dave had spent a Sunday afternoon in NYC shopping. On their way home to Jersey City, they decided to stop by The Spike (I think that was what it was called--leather bar on the West Village waterfront.) for burgers and Bloody Marys. About a block from the bar, they stopped dead, and Rob said, "Dave, we can't walk into the Spike carrying MACY'S BAGS!!!"

That might be a good thread for the forum...what is the least butch thing you've done in a leather bar? Lol

Archived