Montreal

Despardo
This topic is 2875 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just wanted to chime in and say that I recently took a tour of all the strip clubs in Montreal, and found (to my surprise) that LUX had the most attractive dancers whom I enjoyed watching. Stock had some lookers too, but Taboo had almost no one that interested me. Many years ago, Taboo had an all-star roster, but on the night I went, the place was very quiet and had very few dancers that appealed to me. Of course, with different nights come different dancers.

Thanks for the information. I was in Montreal for only 4 days and never made it as far as LUX. I tried to find some info beforehand, but nobody had much to offer. I kept myself busy at Stock and Campus. Shame Montreal is so far from Seattle plus there are no direct flights--takes all day to get there. Now Vancouver is only a 3 mile drive from where I live, but it has no strip clubs. Unfortunately, my next recreational trip is likely not to be until April when I plan to attend the Palm Springs weekend.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the information. I was in Montreal for only 4 days and never made it as far as LUX. I tried to find some info beforehand, but nobody had much to offer. I kept myself busy at Stock and Campus. Shame Montreal is so far from Seattle plus there are no direct flights--takes all day to get there. Now Vancouver is only a 3 mile drive from where I live, but it has no strip clubs. Unfortunately, my next recreational trip is likely not to be until April when I plan to attend the Palm Springs weekend.

Like in most cities, the dancers in the Montreal clubs vary from night to night, month to month. When I went to LUX, there were about five dancers I wanted to take back to my hotel room. I found a few more desirable guys at Stock and (I think) only one at Campus, but poor taboo came in a distant last with no guys on stage that night who tickled my fancy. Next time I, or you, go...who knows? Taboo might be filled with babes. It never hurts to take a tour a give multiple clubs a chance.

Like in most cities, the dancers in the Montreal clubs vary from night to night, month to month. When I went to LUX, there were about five dancers I wanted to take back to my hotel room. I found a few more desirable guys at Stock and (I think) only one at Campus, but poor taboo came in a distant last with no guys on stage that night who tickled my fancy. Next time I, or you, go...who knows? Taboo might be filled with babes. It never hurts to take a tour a give multiple clubs a chance.

So many men, so little time.

Re: hotels being stingy with the A/C- I'm trying out Airbnb in Montreal this fall. I've used it multiple times in the USA, and I picked a place with several reviews already posted. Fingers crossed..

Have any of you run in to limits on how much you can withdraw from ATMs per day? Not that I plan to go nuts.. :)

Re: hotels being stingy with the A/C- I'm trying out Airbnb in Montreal this fall. I've used it multiple times in the USA, and I picked a place with several reviews already posted. Fingers crossed..

Have any of you run in to limits on how much you can withdraw from ATMs per day? Not that I plan to go nuts.. :)

I had no problem with AC at my fine but affordable hotel--and it was hot. As for ATMs, it usually depends on your bank how much you can withdraw in a 24 hour period--usually $300 to $500. Sometimes, an ATM in a convenience store as opposed to a bank will limit the amount because of limited cash supply in the machine. My banks let me withdraw $400 CAN per day, per account from any ATM I tried. Generally, I travel with more than one form of plastic in case there is a glitch or screw up. It pays to have backup. There is at least one major bank with ATMs on Rue Sainte Catherine, and (quelle suprise!) the strip clubs have ATM machines on site. It is VERY IMPORTANT to call all the issuing banks for the debit and credit cards you plan to take with you and place a travel alert on your accounts before you leave the country. You could ask them at that time what the daily withdrawal limit might be. I usually pull out the maximum amount of local currency from an ATM at the airport as soon as I land in a foreign country. This pays for the cab ride, food, etc. Some credit cards do not charge a foreign transaction fee or the fee may vary greatly from one card to another. Generally speaking, and certainly for Canada, your best deal on currency is to pull cash from ATMs once you arrive there and try to spend all of your Canadian dollars (especially coins) before you return home.

...and try to spend all of your Canadian dollars (especially coins) before you return home.
Unless you're a multiple offender like me, in which case you hang onto all your Canadian currency for your next visit. Or even (when the CAD$ is as low as it is now) bring home lots of extra for the next trip (it's called currency hedging :)).

Two additions to Despardo's excellent advice:

1. It can be inconvenient to carry around large quantities of $20 bills. Some banks (RBC, CIBC) have ATMs that dispense $50's, or a combination of $50's and $20's. Downside is that their maximum is $400 per withdrawal, rather than the $500 that is standard at others (like Caisses Desjardins).

2. Some banks (e.g. Charles Schwab) will refund any ATM fees you incur when using their cards.

the Monday to Sunday weekly pass thing is weird...I pity the busy visiting commuter who arrives on a, say, Wednesday and needs to make use of public transportation for the next "week".....there must be a reason for a thoroughly-modern, much-admired, efficient country like Canada to be doing their weekly metro passes that way???

I believe, like in paris, the weekly "hebdomadaire" passes are also good from monday to sunday. If you land on a thursday, it makes no sense to purchase a weekly as it is only good for a few days (til sunday).

Getting back to the transportation in montreal, i found it totally easy to follow and very convenient.

Two additions to Despardo's excellent advice:

1. It can be inconvenient to carry around large quantities of $20 bills. Some banks (RBC, CIBC) have ATMs that dispense $50's, or a combination of $50's and $20's. Downside is that their maximum is $400 per withdrawal, rather than the $500 that is standard at others (like Caisses Desjardins).

2. Some banks (e.g. Charles Schwab) will refund any ATM fees you incur when using their cards.

I find that TD banks will allow you to select the denomination of currency that you wish dispensed (i.t., 50s, 100s)

If you have an account with TD Bank US, and you withdraw money from TD Bank Canada in Montreal. There is no ATM fees or exchange fees. It's completely free, it's like taking money out of your US TD Bank account (exchange rate done automatically ). There are two TD Bank on ST. Catherine, one by the Hyatt Hotel (west side), and the other one block from Campus Strip Club. My bank let me take out $500 Canadian per 24 hours. Like Despardo said, make sure you bring several different banks CC with you (just in case).

Before I leave for Canada, I usually go to Wells Fargo (the only bank or credit union around here that does much with foreign currency) to get about $200 or so Canadian. And I try to pay for meals & etc in Montreal with a credit card so I can save cash for the gorgeous dancing men.

• 2 weeks later...

1. It can be inconvenient to carry around large quantities of $20 bills. Some banks (RBC, CIBC) have ATMs that dispense $50's, or a combination of $50's and $20's. Downside is that their maximum is $400 per withdrawal, rather than the $500 that is standard at others (like Caisses Desjardins)...

I find that TD banks will allow you to select the denomination of currency that you wish dispensed (i.t., 50s, 100s)

...There are two TD Bank on ST. Catherine, one by the Hyatt Hotel (west side), and the other one block from Campus Strip Club. ....

Having just returned from Montreal, I'd like to update the information above. TD Bank (or at least the 2 mentioned by JayNY) dispense both 50's and 20's, but they do not allow you to select which denominations you wish dispensed. A $500 withdrawal comes as 6 x $50 plus 10 x $20. Note that TD, unlike RBC and CIBC mentioned in my post, will allow you to withdraw $500 at a time. (Or more precisely "at least $500" -- I didn't try to withdraw more at one time.) Thanks to cany10011 for calling my attention to TD.

Having just returned from Montreal, I'd like to update the information above. TD Bank (or at least the 2 mentioned by JayNY) dispense both 50's and 20's, but they do not allow you to select which denominations you wish dispensed. A $500 withdrawal comes as 6 x $50 plus 10 x $20. Note that TD, unlike RBC and CIBC mentioned in my post, will allow you to withdraw $500 at a time. (Or more precisely "at least $500" -- I didn't try to withdraw more at one time.) Thanks to cany10011 for calling my attention to TD.

We are waiting to hear the sordid and juicy details!

We are waiting to hear the sordid and juicy details!
I appreciate the sentiment. When I was new to Montreal and new to this board, I used to write exhaustive, detail-filled, and long-winded reports of my trips (try the"Find all threads by ..." tool if you dare :)) which attracted multiple views and comments. As time went on, I found that I didn't have much new to say -- the names might have changed, but the adventures did not. I now take great pleasure in reading about the shenanigans of the new generation of Montreal lovers who are initiating and maintaining threads like this one.

Has anybody had LD sessions with the three Latin Studs (Mike,Gabriel, Tony) that Stockbar has added to its dancer roster? If so, please provide feedback on big penis stud Mike, Gabriel, and Tony.

What a beautiful man, I hope I'm able to spend some quality time with him and Gabriel in the LD area.

Apologies, yes I meant Keegan. Shame if Keegan's moved on, a really nice guy.

Keegan is still there, I just saw him on the live internet feed. He's looking mighty fine tonight.The best looking man at Stockbar in my opinion.

Yes, Stockbar and Campus are great. Canada does have the best male strip clubs in the world. I didn't put Lux in there, because I have never been to Lux. But I plan on going there, next time I'm in town. A full report about Lux will be posted here soon.

Archived