Bad Weather Bookings

TylerandAce
This topic is 3027 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol...yeah, it's a good day to hold on to something big and hard!

Or two somethings ;). Hey, I'm seriously considering a Doppler radar so I can keep up with you both and your bad weather bookings! Gotta luv a couple who brings joy after Mother Nature sh!ts on our best laid plans. :)

Winter Storm Warning in affect for the Denver area 6 to 12 inches of snow overnight. I just talked my way out of a trip to Idaho tomorrow bc of the weather and find myself with some time on my hands. ;)

Ha...yeah, just follow behind the storm chasers!!

lol...yeah, it's a good day to hold on to something big and hard!

Boo! We have tornadoes predicted for tomorrow. That may be a little too far to the extreme for good business...LOL

Tell me about it! I can't remember the last time I heard a tornado warning in February. Usually it's always snow. I had the windows open all day and let the sea breeze go from one end of the house to the other.

I'm actually enjoying the humidity out here in Tennessee. I feel a big difference in my overall respiratory/sinus health here versus the 4 corners region. That type of climate and elevation you have to be born into to get used to. I never got used to it.

That said, sometimes I'd get the calls from people on snow day...but most times it would be usually no difference. When a clients flight got cancelled into the area last year due to an approaching snow storm, I was proper miffed. I went out and bought "video head cleaner" specifically for that client, something I no longer use, and snow cancelled the flight.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, doll, I know all about the weather (I live at Ft Bragg & grew up in NC), but keep in mind that a lot of guys down here have never driven on snow/ice or have little experience in that. Now, after driving HUMVEES in a South Korean winter & 8 years of DC winters, I'm an old hat at it. I was just talking about those blizzard virgins. :)

yeah, my only contact with snow was a layover from Okinawa in Alaska. I swear I saw a polar bear run across the runway, :(

and the time it snowed in las vegas? Yeah. I called in to work. its bad enough im an Asian driver, but an Asian driver in snow? that's a disaster of apocalyptic proportions. (I am a VERY bad driver lol.. think.. How much signal on before changing 8 lane? None? I turn now, Good luck everybody! ala family guy:P )

im an Asian driver, but an Asian driver in snow? that's a disaster of apocalyptic proportions. (I am a VERY bad driver lol..

Just curious - why is there such a stereotype about Asians being bad drivers? Where did this come from? Not funny to me and, no, I'm not Asian.

Just curious - why is there such a stereotype about Asians being bad drivers? Where did this come from? Not funny to me and, no, I'm not Asian.

You know, that's a good question. I have no idea how that stereotype came into being, but I see 5 lanes of traffic squeezed into a 3 lane street... or perhaps its that most Asian countries drive the british way, so they get confused when they come to the states? *shrugs*

I am Asian, and yes, I am at times irrelevant and not very PC at times. I can laugh at myself and even laugh at the stereotypes. Usually because I can see nuggets of myself in it and laugh.

You know, that's a good question. I have no idea how that stereotype came into being, but I see 5 lanes of traffic squeezed into a 3 lane street... or perhaps its that most Asian countries drive the british way, so they get confused when they come to the states? *shrugs*

I am Asian, and yes, I am at times irrelevant and not very PC at times. I can laugh at myself and even laugh at the stereotypes. Usually because I can see nuggets of myself in it and laugh.

I learned about the stereotype of Asian drivers from my 1/4 Korean daughter, who makes fun of my driving. (I'm the 1/2 Korean parent.) But it's been confirmed for me elsewhere, like here:

Mostly, I take after my dad, who was notoriously impatient. (Actually, it's a family trait, but maybe it's a cultural one too.) My aunt mentioned she had to show him another route to the nearest mall because the traffic jams almost caused an emotional meltdown. I've learned not to do that, though.

Archived